Amon-Ra St. Brown contract extension

Louis Friend

13 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Well with that Ridley deal Detroit might want to not sign anyone else. It's going to take a payday to keep ASB.

The longer they wait the more it costs.

Seems like a small failure so far getting this deal not done sooner 

It takes two to sign a contract.

Goff hasn't signed an extension either. 

There have been reports that they are working on an extension already.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Well with that Ridley deal Detroit might want to not sign anyone else. It's going to take a payday to keep ASB.

The longer they wait the more it costs.

Seems like a small failure so far getting this deal not done sooner 

Why assume that it is automatically the fault of the Lions organization?  The player have these folks working for them called agents.  It is there job to get their client the best deal possible.  My guess is that the agents are waiting to see where the market settles.  

For their part, the Lions may have wanted to see what holes they can fill in free agency before addressing contracts for ARSB and Jared Goff.  Also a prudent move.

• Like 2

Pittman gets about 23 per year

Ridley gets about 23 per year

Jefferson turns down 30 plus per year last year

Mike Evan's gets 26 per year 

Kupp at 26

Hill at 30

Adams at 28

Jefferson will top 30 easy to get a deal

ARSB isn't likely going to settle for 26-28. He doesn't have Diva vibes but you are talking about a guy who was upset about being passed over in draft. So much that he kept that list and obsessed over that list.

Hes gonna want money.

It will take 29-31 per year imo 

On 3/14/2024 at 12:19 AM, Just Want A Title said:

Why assume that it is automatically the fault of the Lions organization?  The player have these folks working for them called agents.  It is there job to get their client the best deal possible.  My guess is that the agents are waiting to see where the market settles.  

For their part, the Lions may have wanted to see what holes they can fill in free agency before addressing contracts for ARSB and Jared Goff.  Also a prudent move.

Because everything always is, haven't you noticed?

26 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Yea, I’m not seeing that. My bet is ARSBs deal gets done this summer.

The order of the extensions that get done this year make a big difference.  If the Lions extended Taylor Decker for a year or two and sign Jared Goff to an extension their 2024 numbers would come down.  Most of ARSB 2025 number would be paid for by the 2024dead money (about $23 Million) rolling off of our 2025 cap.  That is the way it would make sense to me anyway.  The Cam Sutton situation complicates things though.  The Lions voided his guaranteed salary but made him a June 1st cut.  I don't quite understand when the cap savings show up. 

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't quite understand when the cap savings show up. 

I saw something on this. I believe the Lions are on the hook for around $9M either way. 

2024 - $2.5M+/-

2025 - $6.5M +/-