Amon-Ra St. Brown contract extension

Louis Friend

Twitter is reporting the Lions and ARSB are working on a 3 year extension for $25 million per. Posted by a few people. 

What do you think of this? 

I love it for both sides. $25 M per is reason for all pro receiver and if the Lions can stretch it, nice. ARSB is betting on himself to keep the production up over 3 seasons and work on another contract going into his prime. 

Will Goff or Penei be next? 

36 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

The salary numbers are totally frightening. 

Are they? He's one of the best receivers in the league. You have to pay guys to keep them around. We all knew this was coming eventually. ARSB, Sewell, Goff...you have to pay talent to keep talent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

It seems like this would make it more likely that Josh Reynolds leaves and we draft a WR this year.  This is a pretty deep draft for WRs so I suppose it makes sense for Brad Holmes to lean into that.

Definitely. With the way that teams use so many receivers now and when you consider that you can only pay so many of them after their rookie contract, I'm of the belief that you almost need to bring in a young guy every year. Not necessarily early, but take a shot on someone. We can probably add an impactful player on day two. 

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

It seems like this would make it more likely that Josh Reynolds leaves and we draft a WR this year.  This is a pretty deep draft for WRs so I suppose it makes sense for Brad Holmes to lean into that.

I would bring Reynolds back but it'd be a small, limited year deal. If the Lions do draft a WR, you bring Reynolds back on a 1 year deal. Give him the ability to show out for the first half of the year, trade him for something (5th or a 6th) to a team in need of WR help and then get good value out of your rookie WR. They don't have to be a dude out of the gate, they can learn from a veteran and Goff has a trusted weapon to start the year. 

58 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Pearsall from Florida would make a great Reynolds replacement.