Post SB - Friday Boredom -

IrishHooligan00

8 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I actually don't like the Fields idea either. But Penix isn't going to be anything more then a top end backup in the NFL. That throwing motion isn't on Leftwich level but it's going to be enough to telegraph throws. He just ain't the answer. You don't trade up for QB6 in the 1st

I have him ranked QB4 actually in mine, I think he'll have way more success then what most think. Currently I believe there will be 6 QBs undoubtedly drafted in the 1st. The trade up is to get that 5th year option. I think Penix will have a huge combine n push his stock up even further. 

Wouldn't take a WR in the 1st after going 3 years straight taking a skill position player and us already having a legit #1 WR in London.   Even more so when this WR class is absolutely stacked in the 1st 3 rounds with guys who could be a more than capable #2 and FA has some good ones as well. 

Im taking the top edge rusher there at 8 if we can't get any of the top 3 QB's.   I also like you believe Penix is the #4 QB in the class and imo the only other QB in this class worthy of a 1st round pick.  Which is in the 20's to 30's  so i think you nailed his value and im ok with trading up for him although im not giving a 2nd next year to do it.  I can be talked into a 3rd though with some breathing room to move to a 2nd if he has 30+ TD's or makes the pro bowl or 2nd round of the playoffs.  Give them a few options to make a 2nd but not just right away. 

So for me Verse, Latu, or Turner at 8 and that trade up as a 3rd rounder with a chance to be a 2nd and you got a deal on this draft for me. 

On 2/16/2024 at 1:13 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

#8 – ATL – Rome Odunze – WR – WASH

Good pick if QB is settled before the draft.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:13 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

*** Trade ATL Trades 2nd / 4th and 2025 2nd to for #31

*#31 – ATL – Michael Penix Jr. – QB – WASH

That trade is WAYYYYY too much for a 12 spot move into the end of the first. PEnix is a 3rd round talent. Not worth it. If he's there at 43, maybe they take him. But I don't see that happening.

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

Good pick if QB is settled before the draft.

That trade is WAYYYYY too much for a 12 spot move into the end of the first. PEnix is a 3rd round talent. Not worth it. If he's there at 43, maybe they take him. But I don't see that happening.

The draft compensation is actually very equivocally equal to What BAL did for Lamar when they traded w/ philly, I just dont have them getting a 4th round pick in return due to other teams attempting to trade up as well. So the compensation is not too much. 

Adding Penix and Odunze Would catapult this Team to the top of their division Instantly and would secure the division for a few years when all the other teams are rebuilding. 

Giving Penix Odunze will undoubtly help him transition to the NFL at a faster pace. Look at Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase for instance, Already had a connection w/ each other before becoming teammates in the NFL. More Teams should honestly take the QB/WR pair approach, A lot have started doing this already - 

Burrow / Chase 
Tua / Waddle
Hurts / Smith
Lawrence / Etienne  (Doesn't really count but both have helped each other)

This year teams have a chance to do the same w a couple different high level QBS/WRS

Penix / Odunze (1st/2nd - Top 5-10)
Daniels / Nabers (Top 3 - Top 5-10)
Nix / Franklin (1st/2nd - 1st/2nd) *But ATL would wanna avoid another Oregon QB
Williams / Rice (1st Pick - 3rd Rounder)

Value wise Best IMO is Penix / Odunze

On 2/18/2024 at 10:23 PM, lavar703 said:

Come on man. Washington is not giving all that up to move one spot. 

New Ownership / Being Ran like the Sixers, They Def Would. Josh Harris = Trust the Process

Also It's almost a foregone conclusion It will Cost Way more then that. Minimum 3 1sts

Edited by IrishHooligan00

On 2/18/2024 at 1:08 PM, TankWilliams said:

Thats quite a haul for the Bears at 1, but honestly if they don't take Williams, I'd probably prefer they stick with fields and grab MHJ there at 2.  

Fields Aint him. 

Nabers is going to be on the same level as MHJ. So Being able to trade down, Get a ton of Capital and then be able to go Daniels and trade capital back up to get Nabers and get the pairing of familiarity like I mentioned in previous posts like a couple successful teams are doing. Would pay dividends. Also, I had Fields being traded for a future Conditional Pick that Starts at a 3 but can go to a 1 dependent upon playing time stats and wins. 

On 2/18/2024 at 2:07 PM, Daniel said:

Would absolutely hate it for the Titans.

The #2 Offensive Weapon in the Draft to help Levis...You would hate helping your QB be more successful...?? Especially when WR is so deep so you can get that in the 2nd. 

Bowers Would instantly help the offense. Bowers = Kelce / Andrews / Laporta effect 

6 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The #2 Offensive Weapon in the Draft to help Levis...You would hate helping your QB be more successful...?? Especially when WR is so deep so you can get that in the 2nd. 

Bowers Would instantly help the offense. Bowers = Kelce / Andrews / Laporta effect 

I don't think it's a very good argument that a TE will help a QB be successful more than a top receiver or tackle.  Especially when the Titans already have a decent receiving TE.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I don't think it's a very good argument that a TE will help a QB be successful more than a top receiver or tackle.  Especially when the Titans already have a decent receiving TE.

I would disagree that the titans have a decent TE lol. 

500 yards 1 TD. That's not a Starting TE.

Ranked

16th in targets

15th in receptions

18th in yards

Tied 44th for TDs

That is 0 production from the TE spot. 

26 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I would disagree that the titans have a decent TE lol. 

500 yards 1 TD. That's not a Starting TE.

Ranked

16th in targets

15th in receptions

18th in yards

Tied 44th for TDs

That is 0 production from the TE spot. 

It's better than they have at receiver.

And maybe they get a receiver in round 2, but then they still come out not addressing tackle, which is the biggest need the team has.  TE is a low value position, and it would be a bad pick.

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

New Ownership / Being Ran like the Sixers, They Def Would. Josh Harris = Trust the Process

Also It's almost a foregone conclusion It will Cost Way more then that. Minimum 3 1sts

Cool. They aren't doing it and nobody is giving up 3 firsts, let alone one to move up one spot. Its not happening.