F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I say the Jets call the Bears and say, lets swap Fields for Wilson. Fields can sit and learn how to throw in the pocket. Maybe build him up in preseason and get a pick if a QB goes down. 

I would love to add Fields. If we're if we're as good as we hope to be, we won't be in range to draft a QB. 

For me, Davis does not move the needle. If he is the No. 4 WR, good. Otherwise, I think we need two WRs that are better. One from the draft, and one from either free agency or via trade. 

Curtis Samuel signed with Buffalo, so scratch his name off the list. 

At this point, Douglas should be focused on trading (the bad) Wilson. I would much rather have Lazard still on the team than Wilson the bad. Not even close. I mean, move them both if you can but I don't think there is a market for either player. These "reports" are probably Douglas and co. asking for media help to get something started. 

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Give me Tyron Smith and draft Leggette if we're not trading for a WR. I'll be good on offense.

I still don’t understand how Legette is going Day 3 on a bunch of mocks. I really like him and Polk Round 3. Grab Fashanu then one of them and I think we have two starters. 

On 3/13/2024 at 9:18 AM, xrade said:

I am one of the few that do not mind Huff leaving.  Not that I wanted him to go, but because there was little reason to drop $17M on a player when we already have talent at the position.  That is how you build a sustainable roster.  Draft the replacements BEFORE they are needed like Pitt does with WR's.  As fans, we can get attached to a player, but I would rather have a winning sustainable franchise rather than keeping a player we like if not needed.  That is Huff.

However, I think you vastly underestimate how effective he was.  He was near the top in the league in pressure rate for two straight years.  He was what Lawson was supposed to be.  Forget gaudy sack numbers, they are for the media and agents to hype up players.  Pressure rate is what really counts and Huff was very good at pressure rates.  Where I think Huff may have trouble is how Philly uses him.  Huff was a great rotational piece.  If Philly plans to play him on every down, I think his effectiveness will decline.  But that is there problem.

Now where is the damn OT we are supposed to get!!!!

Your question was answered in Morgan Moses, and as far as pressure rate McDonalds pressure rate was great as well. This year I hope he takes the leap, just like JJ did this year.

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Your question was answered in Morgan Moses

Since it worked the first time, lets go back to the well:

Where is the damn WR we are supposed to get?

45 minutes ago, xrade said:

Since it worked the first time, lets go back to the well:

Where is the damn WR we are supposed to get?

I have been wondering the same thing where is the WR that was on Douglas list. Who is holding this FA thing up is it Woody & Carl or is it Rodgers & Hackett or Douglas & Salah

Edited by doumeyer