2024 NFLPA Report Cards

Acgott

Just now, LeotheLion said:

I'm aware as a Rams fan lol. It's just gross. I really believe that the city should get an ownership stake of the team when they fund the stadiums.

Obviously KC is either going to approve it or they will find someplace else (Johnson/Wyandotte County would likely approve it). It doesn't make it right. The Hunt's are worth $20B. If they cannot afford the renovations they should sell the team. I don't start a gofundme when I want to add a sunroom to my house. 

Why should KC benefit from the Hunt's expense?  If the Hunt's investment is going to bring the City/County hundreds of millions in extra revenue/etc then shouldn't they share in the cost?

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

If the Hunt's investment is going to bring the City/County hundreds of millions in extra revenue/etc then shouldn't they share in the cost?

How is KC possibly benefitting in any substantial way from these renovations? The fans are still paying for tickets to attend the games that has the renovations and that money is going to the Hunt's. The stadium is already built too (on taxpayer dollars btw) so it's not like they aren't already bringing in revenue. If the Hunt's really are this cheap, just up the ticket prices to recoup the costs of the renovations. You know, like every other business does. They can also EASILY take out a loan if they want to spread the costs. I'm pretty sure any bank would be lining up to loan them money.

If you can show me something that supports that these renovations would bring in hundreds of millions of dollars to KC, then obviously I'd be more open to the idea to share the costs. But I'm sure that there is nothing out there to support that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm aware as a Rams fan lol. It's just gross. I really believe that the city should get an ownership stake of the team when they fund the stadiums.

Uhh, now that you're brining that instance up... it needs to be stated that said instance is not really like what Jones/Hunt have done/are doing. What Kroenke did was a lot more ****ty to the city. I still can't respect him for all of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Uhh, now that you're brining that instance up... it needs to be stated that said instance is not really like what Jones/Hunt have done/are doing. What Kroenke did was a lot more ****ty to the city. I still can't respect him for all of that.

It was different because Kroenke never wanted to stay in STL. Jerry Jones and Hunt are basically giving the city an ultimatum. Kroenke just peaced out. Agree, I don't respect him at all. Not that I respect Jerry Jones or Clark Hunt fwiw. 

6 hours ago, StatKing said:

Millionaires complaing about lack of childcare is hilarious to me. 

It’s literally millionaires/100,000-aires complaining about billionaires. It’s actually quite funny to witness this first world problem in real time. 

• Like 1

Not saying there’s no merit here…but you wanna know a terrible way to get improved facilities, better food, and higher quality travel? Comment on the work survey how good the facilities, food, and travel are.

Pretty much every work survey I’ve ever been a part of has said come to the conclusion that the pay, benefits, and facilities are awful. Don’t see why this would be any different.

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Nick Sirianni got an A. That tells you all you need to know about these report cards.

The excuse I'm hearing now from others is that the "report card" was voted on in November,  before the 7 week collapse.  Thus not really indicative of the lockerroom and how they felt towards Sirianni at the end. 

That make you feel better? Justify how the A occured?

It is funny how many players AJ, Kelce, Cox, Hurts, BG, Smitty, ect... have come to Nick's defense stating its not true but no one seems to care because the players hatred for Nick Sirianni must be the reason the collapse occured. There is no other explanation?👌

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Nick Sirianni got an A. That tells you all you need to know about these report cards.

I suppose they like him and such plus if it was voted on in November that makes even more sense to me. Just seeing that comment above in the middle of posting this message yeah. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

19 hours ago, LeotheLion said:
19 hours ago, Duluther said:

It was different because Kroenke never wanted to stay in STL. Jerry Jones and Hunt are basically giving the city an ultimatum. Kroenke just peaced out. Agree, I don't respect him at all. Not that I respect Jerry Jones or Clark Hunt fwiw. 

This is mostly true.

He absolutely took less public funding overall to move to LA compared to STL, but there were some minor things he screwed the city over on, like forcing St. Louis to accept that he had the right to buy the practice facility for $1 after he left.

Whether or not that makes him better or worse to a fan of a specific team is a personal opinion, but to the neutral taxpayer there is no argument that guys like Kroenke who move teams to bigger markets for paydays cost less to the public than those who try to exploit small markets for a sweetheart stadium deal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Soko said:

Not saying there’s no merit here…but you wanna know a terrible way to get improved facilities, better food, and higher quality travel? Comment on the work survey how good the facilities, food, and travel are.

Pretty much every work survey I’ve ever been a part of has said come to the conclusion that the pay, benefits, and facilities are awful. Don’t see why this would be any different.

This isn't like your work surveys where the results are property of the company to do what they want with. This is the NFLPA naming and shaming owners.

And in this case it works because owners care about PR, not players.

• Like 1

Falcons getting a f- for strength coaches and weight room. Cs for Head coach, Cafeteria and locker room.

Good thing they're completely renovating the cafeteria, locker room and weight room. 

Good thing they've completely replaced the strength staff and head coach.

59 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This isn't like your work surveys where the results are property of the company to do what they want with. This is the NFLPA naming and shaming owners.

And in this case it works because owners care about PR, not players.

Yeah, exactly - for better workplace conditions and benefits. Unless everything - and I mean everything, from food, to travel, to family treatment, to locker rooms, etc. - was absolutely top notch, why would the players do anything else than anonymously drag the team? 

Even if you’re cool with any one of those categories as far as your team goes - why not push for your billionaire owner to dump more money into the locker room, the weight room, or the meal plans? This is the best way to push them to do it, especially since you’re not attaching your name to it.

1 minute ago, Soko said:

Yeah, exactly - for better workplace conditions and benefits. Unless everything - and I mean everything, from food, to travel, to family treatment, to locker rooms, etc. - was absolutely top notch, why would the players do anything else than anonymously drag the team? 

Even if you’re cool with any one of those categories as far as your team goes - why not push for your billionaire owner to dump more money into the locker room, the weight room, or the meal plans? This is the best way to push them to do it, especially since you’re not attaching your name to it.

Because if the asks aren't reasonable it sets the teams up for an easy "here's the weight room, we're open to feedback but pretty proud of it" type response where they look reasonable and the players look out of touch.

Naming and shaming goes both ways.