Tyron Smith will not return

How many more All Pro’s are we going to let walk through and out the door before we win another Championship?? SMFH

We just can’t find a way to put it all together. 

#All-In

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Ain’t nobody better in FA or Draft today than Tyron Smith - no way we’re “all-in” without him

Prior to this past season in which he played 13 games , he played 17 of 50 games the past 3 seasons . do we believe he can play a whole season this year ?? When T Smith was injured in 22, most on here we’re ready to move on from him, now we must sign him to be “ All in” ??? Thanks for the memories T Smith, wish you the best, I trust in McClay to find them a stud LT 

1 minute ago, PincheJimmy said:

Prior to this past season in which he played 13 games , he played 17 of 50 games the past 3 seasons . do we believe he can play a whole season this year ?? When T Smith was injured in 22, most on here we’re ready to move on from him, now we must sign him to be “ All in” ??? Thanks for the memories T Smith, wish you the best, I trust in McClay to find them a stud LT 

They finally figured out how to manage his workload during the season to keep him healthy

Dude is old, can't stay healthy, unreliable. I get he can still play, but at what cost to the cap AND for how many games?

It's time.

But I do have to restate what one poster already stated:

Another All Pro going elswhere to win his ring.

If Florida is where DEI goes to die, then Dallas and the Cowboys Franchise is where college greats go to waste their careers.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:29 AM, MaddHatter said:

Ain’t nobody better in FA or Draft today than Tyron Smith - no way we’re “all-in” without him

Wait… I thought you said Dak was an elite qb?  Elite QBs don’t need all pro LTs.  Most of the greats rarely had great LTs.  When a team pays one player $60M, that’s going all in.  

6 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Wait… I thought you said Dak was an elite qb?  Elite QBs don’t need all pro LTs.  Most of the greats rarely had great LTs.  When a team pays one player $60M, that’s going all in.  

Not sure how you went from Slamman to Strawman, but the two have nothing to do with one another

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Because The Clampett's want to pay Dak $60+ million a year.

No...Dak's contract has nothing to do with it and everything to do with the fact that Jerry and Stephen have no idea how to manage a roster. 

27 minutes ago, D82 said:

No...Dak's contract has nothing to do with it and everything to do with the fact that Jerry and Stephen have no idea how to manage a roster. 

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

You're eventually going to have to pay a QB, and the market is only going to continue to grow. A smart GM will figure out how to balance those numbers to not only carry their elite MVP-candidate QB, but how to put and keep those pieces in place around him that will allow him and the team to compete for a Super Bowl year in and year out. 

Jerry isn't that. He's shown in the 30+ years after Jimmy and he parted ways he has no idea what he's doing. They wasted the careers of Romo, Ware, Witten, etc. and are now wasting the careers of Dak, Lamb, Smith, Martin, etc. because they refuse to truly go "all-in" even though they are really the only "GM" in the NFL who could do so with very little blowback. No one is going to fire them - so why not go out and get those pieces to really compete?