QB discussion topic

AFF

If it was ok with everybody  trying to keep the QB discussion to 1 thread.

To keep it going…

No matter where you fall in terms of how to address the QB position, it falls into 1 of 4 categories…

1)Sign Cousins or Mayfield…probably the only clear cut better than average options but will cost a lot of $$$

2)Trade for Fields…the combo of going for better now and possibly for the future.

3)Trade up for a QB that slightly falls and give up 2-3 years of 1st and 2nd rounders

4) Sign a Rudolph/Tannehill/vet that “competes” with Pickett and if/when he fails he finishes the season. This is done under the assumption that they address the vast majority of other needs spots this offseason and allow themselves to go all in on trading up for a QB in the 2025 draft.

Thats your options…

• Like 1

I pick 4, unless they are able to get Fields for just a second, or a third this year and a fifth next. Nothing wrong with increasing competition is that is the cost. F with Chicago until you get what you want or move on, that’s my take. 

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

#4 is what is going to happen and then bring in a QB3 either draft or UDFA

I actually think #4 is the most likely as well.

You have to give Kenny a proper shot with the new coaches and scheme.

Then you have to be prepared to pull the plug and have an option if he doesn't live up to it.
Seems to me, that's either 4 or 3, with 4 obviously more likely. 

I still think Tannehill is more likely than Rudolph, because Mason won't want a repeat of what happened
last year where 'competition' meant it's Kenny's until he loses it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Mike Evans is back in Tampa on a 2 year deal so cross off the Mayfield option.

2/$52 milll as well….damn WRs are getting more and more expensive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

RB of the early 2000’s

It’s why I don’t mind going WR high…you just simply put the cap room towards another position.

People are going to be pissed if they give DJ roughly an AAV of $20 mill But considering everything he’s probably worth it.

I know people made fun of it but a DJ for Sneed trade with KC involving picks might be a good idea.

• Like 1

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

Sources: The #Broncos are moving on from QB Russell Wilson, closing a tough chapter for the team and allowing coach Sean Payton and Wilson to start fresh. Wilson is available for a team needing a starter. Denver avoids an extra $37M fully guaranteed now.

Time to see if the Steelers are serious about giving KP competition.

8 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg

Sources: The #Broncos are moving on from QB Russell Wilson, closing a tough chapter for the team and allowing coach Sean Payton and Wilson to start fresh. Wilson is available for a team needing a starter. Denver avoids an extra $37M fully guaranteed now.

Time to see if the Steelers are serious about giving KP competition.

Rather mercurial guy to keep in the locker room as competition.