QB discussion topic

AFF

The only reason I would be ok with a Fields VS Pickett legit competition is because neither has proved it in the NFL. 

I would be afraid that it would result in the Mason-Duck 2019 shuffling, so I would hope the loser gets moved somehow. 

43 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Sounds weird, but I honestly don't want a QB competition. If we are not making a move for an immediate starter over Pickett, than this year needs to end with knowing what we have (or don't have). 

I wouldn't want to get into a scenario where we are like 6-3 and Pickett isn't playing very well, but for continuity of wins we keep playing him. Go on a 3 game skid and now it's Fields turn, but we only get a 5 game sample size. 

I don't want to ride the "what if" train at QB. It's unfortunately we didn't get to see Pickett without Canada for more than 1.5 games. But I wouldn't make a choice that could lead us down that same road for another year. 

If we are looking at purely putting competition against Pickett, go get Tannahill or Mason. Neither are the future, so if Pickett fails it doesn't stop us from knowing we need QB next year. 

I agree with you. I would rather know who QB1 is going into training camp. But realistically we are looking at a QB competition no matter what. So I would rather it be Kenny vs Fields over Kenny vs Mason/Tanny/Brissett etc 

20 minutes ago, AFF said:

Goes back to sunken cost fallacy.

Im of the thought process if you don’t think the QB have is or can be a top 5-7 QB….move on one way or another.

You can still build a winning team with a middle of the road QB.  The rest of the team needs to be top of the line.  SF is a good example of that.   Long term, you are better off with a top 5 QB but you can win the SB with a great team and less than great QB.  

A team is much better off to build a very good team then identify and get their franchise QB.  It is cheaper and you will have the good/great team longer

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I agree with you. I would rather know who QB1 is going into training camp. But realistically we are looking at a QB competition no matter what. So I would rather it be Kenny vs Fields over Kenny vs Mason/Tanny/Brissett etc 

If they sign Tannehill, he is not the starter.  They have anointed KP the starter.  If they spend big money on Wilson or any other QB, KP is gone and they will most likely be drafting a QB in 2025

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

we're meeting with Wilson according to dulac

Insert* this is fine for when the dog is drinking coffee with the whole house on fire* gif….jesus

• Like 2

Two years ago I said Pickett was the QB in the draft I liked the least. We drafted him. 

This year I said Wilson was the QB I would want to sign the least. We might just sign him. 

Next year, could you draft guys secretly tell me who the best prospect is so I can say openly that I like them the least? 

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Two years ago I said Pickett was the QB in the draft I liked the least. We drafted him. 

This year I said Wilson was the QB I would want to sign the least. We might just sign him. 

Next year, could you draft guys secretly tell me who the best prospect is so I can say openly that I like them the least? 

You will hate Denzel Burke, Luther Burden III, Travis Hunter is he picks a position. 

Russell Wilson reminds me of Ben post elbow injury insomuch as most of the tools that used to make him really good are now either gone or only a fraction of what they once were, and despite his stats still looking semi decent on paper, is only a shell of his former self.

If Wilson was extremely cheap for a year, I could live with it, but in general, its not going to make us much better, and Id probably honestly rather sign Tannehill...because while I don't have much faith in Kenny, Id rather have an open competition for QB like @warfelg stated, rather than sign Wilson and hand him the job in spite of his recent mediocrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I trust Dulac as much as I trust a post Taco Bell fart. 

Thank you for that well thought out and true comment on Dulac's reporting.  I have added it to my quip arsenal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 43M said:

Russell Wilson reminds me of Ben post elbow injury insomuch as most of the tools that used to make him really good are now either gone or only a fraction of what they once were, and despite his stats still looking semi decent on paper, is only a shell of his former self.

If Wilson was extremely cheap for a year, I could live with it, but in general, its not going to make us much better, and Id probably honestly rather sign Tannehill...because while I don't have much faith in Kenny, Id rather have an open competition for QB like @warfelg stated, rather than sign Wilson and hand him the job in spite of his recent mediocrity.

I would rather Tannehill because he’s a normal dude and not some weird attention seaking phony like Russ. 

People point to Russ’s improved stats last year…I mean yea he went from a Matt Canada equivalent (Hackett) to one of the best offensive minds of all time. And when you watch him play you can tell the stats were much better than the actual play on the field (as you pointed out). 

I’ve just never been a huge Russ fan. I don’t think he’s been that good since midway through the 2021 season. I hope this is another bogus Dulac report or Omar really making Ryan Poles sweat.