QB discussion topic

AFF

19 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

If Wilson signs....Pickett ain't starting, am I correct?

I think you are correct.  They sign Wilson they are done with KP.  Either way, draft a QB in2025

3 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Heaven forbid an injury. Milton has a lot of tools and is a feast or famine type of prospect.  He needs a QB guru and with his physical tools could be a sleeper once he develops. Personally,  I would still try to get Mason Rudolph even if they sign Russell: I am not absolutely certain that this signing would mean Russell absolutely starts.

I am not a fan of drafting Milton as it would take 3 years with limited snaps to try and fix all of his problems.  Travis Jordan or Learey would be better late round QB picks as they have less to fix

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am not a fan of drafting Milton as it would take 3 years with limited snaps to try and fix all of his problems.  Travis Jordan or Learey would be better late round QB picks as they have less to fix

I would like to interview him...see what kind of head he has. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Dulac is reporting there’s a “sense of ugency” with the Russell Wilson meeting and they intend to try to not let him leave. 

I don't know why it would be so urgent, and you might as well flip a coin with anything Dulac says. But this could mean that Mason clearly told them he's moving on...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think you are correct.  They sign Wilson they are done with KP Either way, draft a QB in2025

I am not so sure that means the end of KP.

I think it is a way of the front office justifying keeping him.  If Kenny beats out Wilson (as I expect because he is aging and on the downside, but is certainly good enough, experienced, and a team player veteran to have on your roster) they then say, "See!! I told you so. We believed in Kenny all along. We got Kenny competition and he beat out a good former pro bowl and SB winning QB in Wilson." 

I think Russell also is a decent guy, so he is someone who would be more of a mentor to Pickett and actually Mason as well without being threatened. Plus with Kenny's injury history, he would feel like he could have a legitimate shot at playing. It might be harder to convince Mason to come back though. He may say, "been there, done that with you guys before." I would prefer Mason at this point though.

I also don't think Russell Wilson is a bad guy because he self-promotes in some people's eyes.  He married someone in entertainment industry and many forget that he publicly acknowledged abstinence as part of his faith prior to marrying his wife.  He caught some flack for trying to be too goody goody. You ain't hitting that dude? Really? You ain't gotta lie Russell. You ain't gotta lie!

maxresdefault.jpg

He is a family man, seems to be a high character guy and has never got into any trouble other than the fans court of public opinion.

Most of us who are older and came up in a different era have to remember that today's athlete and even regular younger folk are all over social media and about getting clicks and likes.  We don't see the need to post what we bought from the grocery store or dance in the check-out isle with our wife for likes. 

like-comment-share-button-icon-set-chann

I always liked Ju Ju's character and thought he was a good kid. But he too, was very heavy on social media. It is a reality of today's times and doesn't mean that they are bad people. They are taught to bring attention to themselves and many of us "older" folks grew up hearing the opposite and saying it is humility.  Most every coach that I can remember used to say, "Act like you made a play before. Don't act like that's the first time you ever scored a TD." Now you have celebrations and you stop and pose for tipping a ball or making a special teams tackle.

388613b4-2f7e-441a-842c-0fa1502d6328_tex

😁

Signing Wilson means a QB competition IMO. Kenny doesn't cost much, and he has a late game it factor. To me, he would be good in relief, if it comes to that, so I don't know why you would get rid of him. Because he is in the unique position of being an NFL QB who wants to be the starter?

If Wilson is signed I don’t see how Kenny continues here as anything more than a backup. He’s a guy who’s had on field questions and locker room issue that you took a chance on over Kenny. And you aren’t bringing him in to be Kenny’s backup. On top of that stylistically Kenny and Wilson are really different. 

While I don’t love Wilson I would support him as the QB and think he’s the Smith offense better fit. Mobile, can run, throws a good deep ball, throws from different launch points well. 

At best for Kenny’s future you would have him sit year 3, maybe play year 4 if Wilson left, but then you are making a year 5 decision on a guy who he missed the end of a season on to a hit hand and then as a guy you saw an upgrade on. I would take the risk on not picking that up then and having to tag him. 

If we do sign Wilson I want to see a 2-3 year deal where year 1 is low and years 2/3 are effectively team options with a decent roster bonus in year two and big base salary in year 3. I’m low on him but even lower if he’s only a 1 year deal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Dulac is reporting there’s a “sense of ugency” with the Russell Wilson meeting and they intend to try to not let him leave. 

Since FA doesn't start for 3 days and they reported Wilson arrived at 3pm, I am guessing most of the reporting is BS