QB discussion topic

AFF

2 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

If Wilson signs....Pickett ain't starting, am I correct?

IMO it should be a pure competition. This isn’t ten years ago. That said if Wilson wins the battle by even just a little bit, he should be the starter.

Question: How would you feel about this QB room for 2024???

Wilson

Pickett

Milton

Edited by rlon

41 minutes ago, rlon said:

IMO it should be a pure competition. This isn’t ten years ago. That said if Wilson wins the battle by even just a little bit, he should be the starter.

Question: How would you feel about this QB room for 2024???

Wilson

Pickett

Milton

It has the potential to be better than last year but if Wilson wins the job, I think Pickett is on borrowed time. 

3 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

If Wilson signs....Pickett ain't starting, am I correct?

no idea, but I don't like wilson and tomlin, so this keeps getting worse. Maybe mid season they bring in Munchak to save the season? I dunno,  maybe wilson wants to prove everyone wrong and he can fit this system as well. No idea what to expect of all this. 

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I would rather Tannehill because he’s a normal dude and not some weird attention seaking phony like Russ. 

People point to Russ’s improved stats last year…I mean yea he went from a Matt Canada equivalent (Hackett) to one of the best offensive minds of all time. And when you watch him play you can tell the stats were much better than the actual play on the field (as you pointed out). 

I’ve just never been a huge Russ fan. I don’t think he’s been that good since midway through the 2021 season. I hope this is another bogus Dulac report or Omar really making Ryan Poles sweat.

Phony? Attention-seeking? Interesting....Seems like projectioning. Russell Wilson is a handsome man with a beautiful megastar wife who catches unnecessary dislike due to jealousy, insecurity, and due to him being a good natured guy who doesn't "code switch" just to fit in....I'll leave it at that.

12 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Phony? Attention-seeking? Interesting....Seems like projectioning. Russell Wilson is a handsome man with a beautiful megastar wife who catches unnecessary dislike due to jealousy, insecurity, and due to him being a good natured guy who doesn't "code switch" just to fit in....I'll leave it at that.

Sounds like you have a crush on him. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

no idea, but I don't like wilson and tomlin, so this keeps getting worse. Maybe mid season they bring in Munchak to save the season? I dunno,  maybe wilson wants to prove everyone wrong and he can fit this system as well. No idea what to expect of all this. 

My issue with Wilson is that he sucked last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

My issue with Wilson is that he sucked last season.

I’m not really a Russell Wilson fan, and he is past his prime. But he completed more than 66 percent of his passes for over 3000 yards. He threw 26 TDS to 8 INTs, and his passer rating was 98. I am all for this move if it truly results in pure QB competition this coming camp. Most importantly, we don’t have to give up any draft picks for him and he should come at a reasonable cost cap wise. Justin Fields, who probably is not better any than an aged Wilson, would have cost draft picks, and Cousins is the all time champion of getting overpaid in free agency. You draft a developmental QB with upside, like Milton, you got yourself a decent QB room. Just my opinion…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rlon said:

I’m not really a Russell Wilson fan, and he is past his prime. But he completed more than 66 percent of his passes for over 3000 yards. He threw 26 TDS to 8 INTs, and his passer rating was 98. I am all for this move if it truly results in pure QB competition this coming camp. Most importantly, we don’t have to give up any draft picks for him and he should come at a reasonable cost cap wise. Justin Fields, who probably is not better any than an aged Wilson, would have cost draft picks, and Cousins is the all time champion of getting overpaid in free agency. You draft a developmental QB with upside, like Milton, you got yourself a decent QB room. Just my opinion…

I would not hate this move, but also would not be doing cartwheels. I would be meh.  Shades of older Big Ben his final two seasons, but I think better in that the Steelers will have a better OL and ground game than they did with Ben. I think Russell would be an insurance policy.

I think with a young QB (Pickett) you need two veterans, not an older vet, a third year QB with questions, and a raw developmental QB.

Heaven forbid an injury. Milton has a lot of tools and is a feast or famine type of prospect.  He needs a QB guru and with his physical tools could be a sleeper once he develops. Personally,  I would still try to get Mason Rudolph even if they sign Russell: I am not absolutely certain that this signing would mean Russell absolutely starts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Wilson comes with a lot of baggage. The guy is TOO aware of the cameras and plays into it. I mean he did that ridiculous pantomime two-minute drill by himself a few years ago in Pittsburgh when he was on IR just for the cameras. It was so cringy 

All his catchphrases and social media posts... even when he is interviewed, he just comes off SO phoney. 

On top of that, he no longer has the skill to look past this crap. 

• Like 2