What Super Bowl winner would you say had the easiest playoff path?

CP3MVP

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Those Falcons were the 2 seed. Not the 1 seed. The 1 seed that year, if I'm not mistaken was the Cowboys. But the Cowboys choked as usual. 

From 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds to go from their own 32 to game winning FG as time expired... life sucks sometimes

3 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Went ahead and bolded the key word for you - and I clearly said 3 of 4, not all.  And apologies for forgetting Vander left after the 2005 season and Vinatieri took over in 2006.  How stupid of me... 

Let me ask you this - if the Kansas City game had finished the way it started, with Indy kicking 3 FG's to up go 9-0 and then KC scoring a TD to make it 9-8, would the Colts still have won?  Simple yes or no will suffice

You can bold it all you want. You're still wrong.

If you take the Colts two TDs and KC scoring to make it 14-8 would the Colts still have won? Last time I checked 14 > 9.

Edited by bootsy

Just now, bootsy said:

You can bold it all you want. You're still wrong.

If you take the Colts two TDs and KC scoring to make it 14-8 would the Colts still have won? Last time I checked 14 > 9.

Answer as I expected - troll on bro, troll on

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Answer as I expected - troll on bro, troll on

I'm not answering you BOY. Go learn who the Colts kicker was during that season. Matter fact go learn about football and simple math because you know nothing.

Edited by bootsy

6 minutes ago, bootsy said:

I'm not answering you BOY. Go learn who the Colts kicker was during that season. Matter fact go learn about football and simple math because you know nothing.

U mad bro? 😂😂😂

BootaClaus_213.jpg?v=1676668793&width=15

17 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

U mad bro? 😂😂😂

No one uses this dumb phrase any more except someone like you BOY.

johnny-depp-mad-hatter.gif

And I know Bootsy Collins personally so your pic doesn't offend me at all.

You need to be mad at why you couldn't figure out the difference between this guy

adam-vinatieri.jpeg

and this guy

1_crop_north.jpg?1338130904&w=3072&h=204

Zcg1Ux.gif

Edited by bootsy

25 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'd argue the 21 Rams...

They definitely didnt have the easiest path. 

1) They faced a division rival in Stafford first playoff game as a Ram with all the pressure on him. It was on the new Super Wildcard Game on MNF. I hate that the Rams had to play on Monday.

2) On a short week they had to travel to Tampa Bay to face the Bucs on Saturday. The Bucs had an extra day or rest and prep. The Rams went into that game against Brady where he was undefeated at home in the divisional round in his career. And on top of that the Rams went into that game without their best OL and leader in Whitworth. 

3) The NFCCG was again against a divisional rival. I dont know off the top of my head but how many times a team in the playoffs faced an divisional opponent twice in the same playoffs? And not only that but the at home the Niners took over the stadium so it was more of a road game than home game for the Rams. And oh the Rams dont have a great track record against the Niners.

4) The Superbowl against a legit Bengals team with a cold blooded assassin in Burrow whom as an LSU fan I know all so well what he can do on the big stage. They went and beat the Chiefs in Kansas City so they proved to be a very worthy opponent. 

So by no means the Rams had an easy path. The easiest game to me was the Cards bc McVay have the Cards number but its never easy to face a divisional opponent three times in the same season. What that playoff run showed was just how great of a run Stafford and Kupp had. The resurgence of OBJ and the fact that Donald wouldnt allow the Rams do go home without a Superbowl title.   

57 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

1) They faced a division rival in Stafford first playoff game as a Ram with all the pressure on him. It was on the new Super Wildcard Game on MNF. I hate that the Rams had to play on Monday.

2) On a short week they had to travel to Tampa Bay to face the Bucs on Saturday. The Bucs had an extra day or rest and prep. The Rams went into that game against Brady where he was undefeated at home in the divisional round in his career. And on top of that the Rams went into that game without their best OL and leader in Whitworth. 

3) The NFCCG was again against a divisional rival. I dont know off the top of my head but how many times a team in the playoffs faced an divisional opponent twice in the same playoffs? And not only that but the at home the Niners took over the stadium so it was more of a road game than home game for the Rams. And oh the Rams dont have a great track record against the Niners.

4) The Superbowl against a legit Bengals team with a cold blooded assassin in Burrow whom as an LSU fan I know all so well what he can do on the big stage. They went and beat the Chiefs in Kansas City so they proved to be a very worthy opponent. 

So by no means the Rams had an easy path. The easiest game to me was the Cards bc McVay have the Cards number but its never easy to face a divisional opponent three times in the same season. What that playoff run showed was just how great of a run Stafford and Kupp had. The resurgence of OBJ and the fact that Donald wouldnt allow the Rams do go home without a Superbowl title.   

So you're arguing that Lions > Jimmy G Niners > Bengals is a really tough Superbowl road? 

That's honestly a really easy road.

58 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Not to nit-pick but the Bucs were missing Chris Godwin and Tristian Wirfs from injury, and Antonio Brown had quit on us. The Bucs definitely weren't at full-strength that game but I think there are other teams that had easier paths then the Rams.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So you're arguing that Lions > Jimmy G Niners > Bengals is a really tough Superbowl road? 

That's honestly a really easy road.

It was Cards, Bucs (short week and travel), Niners, and Bengals.

Thats not an easy road. Again I didnt like the fact the Rams had to play on the first ever MNF playoff game then have to travel to Tampa to play Brady and the Bucs. I understood them putting the Rams in that spotlight though. 

4 hours ago, indifference said:

Not to nit-pick but the Bucs were missing Chris Godwin and Tristian Wirfs from injury, and Antonio Brown had quit on us. The Bucs definitely weren't at full-strength that game but I think there are other teams that had easier paths then the Rams.

The Rams were missing their starting safeties too. Wirfs played even though he wasnt 100%. Neither team was at full strength but the Bucs had the advantage of being at home, the Rams on a short week having to travel from LA to Tampa and of course it was Brady whom again never lost a home game in the divisional round in his career. It took a flawless game from Stafford including the biggest throw of his career to Kupp just to win the game. So I dont think anyone would consider that to be easy. Maybe in hindsight yes but going into the game all I heard was "never bet against Brady" and "Stafford still has to prove it in the playoffs" bc agaisnt the Cards he only had to throw the ball 17x so people were saying he really didnt have to do much but against Brady he would have to do alot and he did. 

9 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

13-3 Chicago Bears led by Rex Grossman where Rex went blow for blow with Peyton till 4mins into the 4th Q

Eh... Rex didnt go "blow for blow" with anyone, he was atrocious. Honestly if IND didn't have absolute butterfingers they should have had 2-3 more INTs, he went 20-28 and should have had at LEAST 4 INTs. Add in his two fumbles and just wow.

The defense and special teams kept the game close in spite of Rex.

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Eh... Rex didnt go "blow for blow" with anyone, he was atrocious. Honestly if IND didn't have absolute butterfingers they should have had 2-3 more INTs, he went 20-28 and should have had at LEAST 4 INTs. Add in his two fumbles and just wow.

The defense and special teams kept the game close in spite of Rex.

It was a bit facetious as I was mocking Peyton who wasn’t much better than Rex that game and the Colts won despite him

• Like 1