Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

17 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Our first sike, let me think about it lol 

Dude is a top 5 to 7 RB minimum. I don't know why Cincy is letting him go tbh, I think they are downgrading. I don't think his contract is crazy but maybe I am wrong there.

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Dude is a top 5 to 7 RB minimum. I don't know why Cincy is letting him go tbh, I think they are downgrading. I don't think his contract is crazy but maybe I am wrong there.

I think people view him more as a top 12-15 running back

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think people view him more as a top 12-15 running back

Really? There have been that many more productive backs over the past say 5 seasons? Not being a smart***, genuinely curious.

13 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Really? There have been that many more productive backs over the past say 5 seasons? Not being a smart***, genuinely curious.

That may even be pushing it a bit. 

His rushing yards were actually lower than expectation (23rd total). 22nd in explosive play percentage. 28th in epa per rush. 29th in missed tackles forced. 31st in broken tackles. One of the worst in the league at yards after contact per attempt

I thought he was pretty competent last year, but hasn't really been pretty the last couple of years. Seems to mostly be a volume guy at this juncture. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

That may even be pushing it a bit. 

His rushing yards were actually lower than expectation (23rd total). 22nd in explosive play percentage. 28th in epa per rush. 29th in missed tackles forced. 31st in broken tackles. One of the worst in the league at yards after contact per attempt

I thought he was pretty competent last year, but hasn't really been pretty the last couple of years. Seems to mostly be a volume guy at this juncture. 

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't have access to advanced stats. Fantasy wise he was 6th in standard scoring in 2023 and 10th in 2022. I recognize there is a lot of minutia behind those numbers however.

We’re watching other teams get better while we get worse. But I’m seeing some of these contracts, particularly on the OL, I don’t think we have the money to do anything about it. 

Looks like we’ll be forced to build through the draft which isn’t a terrible thing. Was really hoping to move up and get some impact players but we may need most of our picks just to get depth and future pieces. 

8 minutes ago, straighthate said:

We’re watching other teams get better while we get worse. But I’m seeing some of these contracts, particularly on the OL, I don’t think we have the money to do anything about it. 

Looks like we’ll be forced to build through the draft which isn’t a terrible thing. Was really hoping to move up and get some impact players but we may need most of our picks just to get depth and future pieces. 

Yeah, the guard contracts are out of this world. Didn't see that coming. 

Every couple of years there is just a position that has a weird come up, and then the following couple of year I think they tend to regress. Safety had one of those a few years back. 

Next year could be a tough one. I'm really curious to see what the rams do defensively because they are going to straight stomp opponents offensively (if they can stay healthy). They are going to be tough to beat just for a division title if they can add some defensive help. The Lions are also going to be scary good again next year. 

The Packers will be interesting, but you always have to watch for the backslide on a young team, so I'll be curious to see how they do. The Eagles and Cowboys are like the 49ers where they seem to be pretty flat imo. 

• Like 3