Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

So Aiyuk probably started following Jaguars players cuz Armstead is going there

I do think you can take cues from a players social media, but it would be more stuff like unfollowing the team/teammates. Even then, thats not the end of the line as Deebo unfollowed the team in 2022 but still signed an extension months later 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

17 on it's own is probably enough to get the conversation started about Aiyuk in earnest. Not sure it requires an additional "premium" pick, but depends on your classification. 

Receiver market has been pretty static in trades. Adams is the one pretty substantial outlier at a one and 2. This came up when Deebo was looking for a deal and people were saying #10 wasn't enough.  If the niners are amenable to moving Aiyuk, a stance I don't really quite get but let's just assume it's a possibility and they are kicking tires, the receiver trade market suggests you're probably looking at something like 17 + a fourth maybe? Maybe 17 + third for Aiyuk + fourth or something. 

I've long stood by the notion that the trade comp I would use for Aiyuk would be Diggs. That was a 1 + 5  + 6 + future 4th. That first round pick was number 22. The difference between 22 and 17 is roughly a third round pick. 

AJ Brown was moved for pick 18 + a 3. 

That to me is the very clear bracket of comps

I think that aj brown trade is the best comp & likely what the deal would look like. I'm hoping this is just Aiyuk's side pressing any small leverage they have. I'd rather just extend 11 than take Rome odunze and hope he can turn into Aiyuk

Edited by adamq

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's probably not what it seems in terms of his contract but good for Armstead. Great man and a very good player. Hope he kills it over there! 

My guess it's really a 1 year deal with fluff for year 2 and 3. It wouldn't shock me if he ended up getting cut next offseason and returning. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

My guess it's really a 1 year deal with fluff for year 2 and 3. It wouldn't shock me if he ended up getting cut next offseason and returning. 

Return here? (Very) Doubtful! 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Really like Detroit's chances of coming out of the NFC next year

I think they've had the best free agency out of the NFC imo. They're going to be a HUGE problem until they have to replace Ben Johnson.