Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

36 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The Panthers gave the Jets a sixth-round pick in 2021, plus second- and fourth-round picks in 2022

for Sam Darnold

Fair point.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Oh yeah, definitely Sammy lol

The logic was so heavily built on the contractual discount that you were getting and that you were also getting a cheap lottery ticket on a QB. But like, the guys struggle with their first team for a reason. And the team acquiring that supposedly cheap lottery ticket cares even less about supporting their ticket because of the low cost of acquiring it and because it tends to be a stopgap hope sort of measure before they bite the bullet on the real thing. So each of these examples (include Panthers Baker Mayfield, too) is just a brutal waste of capital. 

Long story short - teams don't want to spend second and third round picks on copium when they are really acquiring backup and spot starter caliber qbs by all metrics.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing we can't say is that the team did not try to improve its STs coverage units. Need to be in the top 12 at least. 

Would like a returner but it looks like we may look at the draft. 

8 minutes ago, Gravity said:

49ers sign ezekiel turner linebacker from cardinals on a 1 year deal

read hes a good special teamer

We have signed about 3-4 STs studs this offseason. The FO finally understands how much of a disadvantage it is in the postseason to continue putting out mediocre to flat out bad STs units. Almost lost the Packers game due to a huge kick return allowed and then lost the SB essentially due to the muffed punt. Granted, that was some bad luck but still inexcusable to make that mistake in a huge game.

Time for us to actually make this unit a strength and use it as a weapon in stretches. Deebo isn't going to be on the team for long so I bet Kyle thinks long and hard at making him the KR and maybe even the PR. 

• Like 1

We don't need someone who has essentially missed the last two seasons with a serious injury at that position. We have a solid group right now. Take a corner in the first two rounds if anything. That is one position that is going to drop due to the surplus of QBs and OTs going in the first round. 

• Like 3

I've decided that pretty much all podcasts should stop talking about the salary cap. The number of times I've listened to a pod and they have had even remedial understanding of dead money, cap savings, etc I can probably count on one hand. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RSNiners said:

What is Armsteads cap hit next year since he was cut prior to June 1? 

I'm pretty sure he is a june 1 cut. So he'll be a little over 10 million this year (2024) on the books and a little over 15 million next year (2025)

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I've decided that pretty much all podcasts should stop talking about the salary cap. The number of times I've listened to a pod and they have had even remedial understanding of dead money, cap savings, etc I can probably count on one hand. 

This is how I feel about offer sheets and the franchise tag system.

Apparently, this woman is pretty reputable. 

I just cant believe this is true. This return seems absurdly light. Zay is making 7m base salary next year. Aiyuk 14. Are we really about to trade away a 25 year old top 10 WR for f*cking zay jones and the 17th overall pick to save 4m (rookie would cost 3+ I think) when we are paying our QB 1m?

Zay does not seem like a Kyle Shanahan WR. 

I just cant believe this bologna. Jags would have been dumb to say no to this.