Raiders resign Andre James (3 yr/$24M/$16M GTD)

Re-sign James was the correct move. Guards are getting paid heavily so far. Robert Hunt just got 100M from Panthers 

If we let James walk, we would had to get two Guards. Almost guaranteed had to rely on a rookie mid round guard to start 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Re-sign James was the correct move. Guards are getting paid heavily so far. Robert Hunt just got 100M from Panthers 

If we let James walk, we would had to get two Guards. Almost guaranteed had to rely on a rookie mid round guard to start 

Yup, Telesco did well. 

• Like 1

Understand why we brought him back and he’s not terrible, just seems a little rich for my liking but I guess the cap is going up and Parham is cheap. I’m actually OK rolling with Elumuenor/Munford at RT but I’d target a RG in rounds 2 to 4in the draft if we can.

C ANDRE JAMES SIGNS WITH LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

2023 PFF Grade: 74.6 (9th/36)

2023 PFF WAR: 0.25 (9th)

Fit/need grade: A

Value grade: A-

Contract: Three years, $24 million ($8 million per year), $16 million total guaranteed

PFF projected contract: Three years, $27 million ($9 million per year), $15 million total guaranteed

One of the shrewd moves of the Gruden/Mayock regime was trading veteran stalwart Rodney Hudson for a third-round pick from the Arizona Cardinals and signing James to a short-term extension to take over as the starter. James has improved each season and is a quality pass protector under center who should be a big help to the next franchise quarterback in Las Vegas.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yup, Telesco did well. 

I think it's safe to say the rumors about the overpaid contracts had more to do with the Chargers ownership than Tom Telesco were most likely true.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 3:50 PM, NYRaider said:

James and Parham have held up fine over the last 2 years. 

I think James was better the year before last to be honest, than last year. He seemed to be getting pushed around quite a bit last year and I'm pretty sure him and Van Roten were a reason why our run game sucked the first half of the year. I thought there was a possibility we move on from James. Maybe we liked what we saw 2nd half of the season with the run game working better.

Wasn’t expecting James back, but glad to re-sign him after seeing how the market played out. These numbers are insane. Need to grab a someone in the draft and solidify that RG spot. Don’t mind Munford at RT.