Raiders resign Andre James (3 yr/$24M/$16M GTD)

I'm actually fine with James. He's not a bad player and is very young still. That being said I definitely want an upgrade at either RG or RT. A road grader to be physical and set the tone against Chris Jones and the rest of the AFC West at RG would be awesome.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm actually fine with James. He's not a bad player and is very young still. That being said I definitely want an upgrade at either RG or RT. A road grader to be physical and set the tone against Chris Jones and the rest of the AFC West at RG would be awesome.

same thoughts

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

6th highest Center hey...

Not great value as he is not close to the 6th best center in football.  He is average at best and we're paying him as the 6th best player at his position.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justwinning said:

The Kevin Dotson deal probably made Telesco and co reconsider how they want to attack the IOL in free agency. James for $8mil is good value. I expect us to draft an OL within the first 2 rounds.

Going into the off-season needing to acquire 3 starting OL while asking one of your current starters to switch positions is risky business. Not really a fan of James but I can see why they did it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Not great value as he is not close to the 6th best center in football.  He is average at best and we're paying him as the 6th best player at his position.  

Let's also see what the center market looks like. Guards are already getting way way too much.

11 hours ago, Dessie said:

Is Parham or Van Roten a good fit for outside zone scheme ? 

I think Miller, Parham and James are definately good fits for the outside zone scheme.

Rotten is servicable, but since we will keep the Parham-James duo we ideally should bring in a strong dude at RG. Also close the gym door on Parham and James with some Protein!!

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I think Miller, Parham and James are definately good fits for the outside zone scheme.

Rotten is servicable, but since we will keep the Parham-James duo we ideally should bring in a strong dude at RG. Also close the gym door on Parham and James with some Protein!!

Tbh, Parham has been ok at guard but not that good so I would look to bring in competition in a good draft for IOL. I’d look to get a guard(s)in the draft and get a vet (Lewis) in. OL needs improving. 

We don’t see the resigning of James as a sign that they may stick with O’Connell to give him some continuity ? 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Tbh, Parham has been ok at guard but not that good so I would look to bring in competition in a good draft for IOL. I’d look to get a guard(s)in the draft and get a vet (Lewis) in. OL needs improving. 

We don’t see the resigning of James as a sign that they may stick with O’Connell to give him some continuity ? 

No, I don't

• Like 1

https://x.com/keithricci/status/1766951771677569161?s=46&t=pqVkeysXJ6Q-8Nhd16vGEA

James is a top 10 center, and entering his prime. He might have been beat a few times by Chris Jones but James is a good center most the of the time. This is not an overpay and our OL was solid last year. James is a good young starter, can’t have an all pro at every position. Now we need to focus on the right side of the line with 3/5 OL starters locked in the depth chart. 

https://x.com/vinnybonsignore/status/1766978779946398117?s=46&t=pqVkeysXJ6Q-8Nhd16vGEA