Tee Higgins Requests a Trade

The Gnat

12 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the most likely trade involving Tee Higgins is a trade during the draft.  Like a team wants to pick a starting calibre WR, sees all their starting calibre graded WRs go before their pick, and offers that pick for Higgins.  But I don't know if Higgins would be okay with that.  Like AJ Brown was traded during the draft for a FRP, but he wasn't on the franchise tag I think.

At that point, I wouldn't do it if I'm the Bengals.  What are they doing with the additional cap space?  That's why I think the only way he gets traded after the next few days is if it's for another player or a player plus a mid level pick.  

7 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

18, Tee Higgins

for

9, 75

That makes far more sense than for 9 straight up.  They get a better player at 9 (ostensibly the top RT or WR on their board) but still have a later pick to address the other spot.  They have too many holes to be trading a player and not get a pick back to fill it.  

• Like 1

He ain’t going anywhere unless major demands are met. Much more likely he plays on the tag in 2024. 

And for people citing Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, etc. as trade partners, ya’ll must have lost your mind. If he does get traded it won’t be to a rival. Think Panthers or Titans.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

He ain’t going anywhere unless major demands are met. Much more likely he plays on the tag in 2024. 

And for people citing Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, etc. as trade partners, ya’ll must have lost your mind. If he does get traded it won’t be to a rival. Think Panthers or Titans.

Are you guys really just going to lose him for nothing next year?

Just now, General Tso said:

Are you guys really just going to lose him for nothing next year?

No idea, though I wouldn’t doubt it. Also, it won’t be nothing - you need to consider comp pick and having him on the team for another year. We’re trying to win a Super Bowl here.

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

No idea, though I wouldn’t doubt it. Also, it won’t be nothing - you need to consider comp pick and having him on the team for another year. We’re trying to win a Super Bowl here.

It would still be under market value to tag him again next year.  That alone is why I think they still try to get a 3 year deal done.

Just now, Beck Bristow said:

3rd round comp pick and a season played. Not nothing. 

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That is assuming you don't sign any outside FAs which I kind of doubt when you have a projected 144M in open space next year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

That is assuming you don't sign any outside FAs which I kind of doubt when you have a projected 144M in open space next year. 

Ja'Marr Chase needs an extension. Is that figured in? We're not touching high end free agent signings next year.

2 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Ja'Marr Chase needs an extension. Is that figured in? We're not touching high end free agent signings next year.

It would be his 5th year option. Also I'm guessing you guys probably resign Reader and Boyd, so there's that too.

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

It would be his 5th year option. Also I'm guessing you guys probably resign Reader and Boyd, so there's that too.

If not Reader, someone. We'll spend more this year that impacts next year. I don't see us having high end wiggle room.

Bengals should consider trading Higgins if they get a good offer. Something like low first round value. So an early 2nd rounder plus another pick would probably get it done. With the money saved, they could still re-sign Boyd to keep a receiver Burrow is familiar with. They'd still need a WR2 though. 

I could also see Higgins being traded for a player. Maybe to Carolina for Moton or Brown. 

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Titans are already short on draft capital, so I wouldn't bet on it.

If Cincy can bag a FRP or a SRP + change, they should take it and run. Especially if it does end up being true that the 2025 franchise tag ($26M) is “under market value”. Your WR2 ain’t worth that, especially when Chase will probably land over $30M. 

This draft’s loaded at tackle and WR on the first two days. Land some picks and add the young talent.