Tee Higgins Requests a Trade

The Gnat

18 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Unless I'm a team that is in the midst of a championship window that they can see the end of, I'm not sure I would give up a pick for Higgins that I could instead use on a WR that *might* be better than Higgins.  Would he be good in KC?  Yeah, but so could Franklin, McConkey, AD Mitchell, Coleman, Tez Walker, Worthy, etc.

It's just hard to sell me on the idea of trading a pick for a WR in a good WR draft.

I can’t disagree with you.  Especially when you’re looking at having to pay Higgins huge dollars. You could double down and pick up another guy like GB did and see what happens.

Also, Malachi Corley FTW

Tough spot 

higgins signs franchise they win super bowl

the new wr prove out then next year the Super Bowl winning team does not want you back.

you refuse to sign they draft two lineman and wait you out then you come in to get your year then you risk getting a serious injury .

Cincinnati side he refuses to sign you don’t go any where because Boyd got injured and you do not have Higgins under contract.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Unless I'm a team that is in the midst of a championship window that they can see the end of, I'm not sure I would give up a pick for Higgins that I could instead use on a WR that *might* be better than Higgins.  Would he be good in KC?  Yeah, but so could Franklin, McConkey, AD Mitchell, Coleman, Tez Walker, Worthy, etc.

It's just hard to sell me on the idea of trading a pick for a WR in a good WR draft.

Beyond this even...if you're the Bengals in the AFC...are you even going to be willing to trade Tee to another team there that could end up coming back to haunt you in the end?

Like...the whole league is already basically, "nooooooooo don't give the Chiefs receivers".  😆

Of other teams that i could almost see making a push...the Jaguars come up because of their need for a guy like Tee and the obvious familiarity with Lawrence.  But they also can't really afford it i don't think, and at the end of the day...i'm not sure the Bengals would want to give Lawrence a weapon like that anyway.  Just in case it blows up in their faces.

So you're basically limiting the "market" for Tee to..."really bad teams" that aren't a concern - and none of these teams are in a position to make that kind of deal instead of just draft and develop anyway.  And then...NFC teams.  Where there are less "obvious" fits in the first place.

I think the most likely trade involving Tee Higgins is a trade during the draft.  Like a team wants to pick a starting calibre WR, sees all their starting calibre graded WRs go before their pick, and offers that pick for Higgins.  But I don't know if Higgins would be okay with that.  Like AJ Brown was traded during the draft for a FRP, but he wasn't on the franchise tag I think.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Most likely scenario is he plays for the Bengals this year. Mike Brown doesn't blink, and I doubt anyone gives up what the Bengals would require.

What do you think the asking price would be?

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

What do you think the asking price would be?

It probably starts with a first round pick. Either that or a starter and a day 2 pick. A price I don't think anyone is going to be willing to pay on top of having to pay Tee a top of market contract.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

It probably starts with a first round pick. Either that or a starter and a day 2 pick. A price I don't think anyone is going to be willing to pay on top of having to pay Tee a top of market contract.

I still think my idea of him going to the Bears along with 18 for pick 9 makes sense.

It let's the Bengals get a new cheap top tier weapon to replace him and makes a lot of sense for the Bears.

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

I still think my idea of him going to the Bears along with 18 for pick 9 makes sense.

It let's the Bengals get a new cheap top tier weapon to replace him and makes a lot of sense for the Bears.

I don't think the Bengals would do that to move up 9 spots 

Edited by THE DUKE

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I can't say whether they would or not but it's the only option they have to replace him with a top tier talent. 

Let's them get Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers. A cheap rookie deal to allow them to replace Higgins and keep the offense loaded for Joe for the next 5 years.

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If they genuinely want him its not hard to find the cap space. Teams do it every year. The Saints have been in cap hell for like 15 years and still manage to hand out big contracts. 

Yea but that's only if the players agree to keep pushing their money to later and later. I would think most players would not want to keep deferring more money later in their contract over and over again. Dudes want to get paid eventually lol.

Seems like there are ways teams convert things to signing bonuses, etc too not sure how that works.

Edited by RaisinBran

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't know that they would do it for 9 straight up. I'm sure they have their valuation and I'm guessing the thing they value most is having Tee on the roster this year. But as soon as I heard second round picks suggested in a trade I knew they weren't going to consider it for that.