Rams sign G Jonah Jackson (3 years, $51M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

I like this direction. Our IoL is miles ahead of anything McVay has done before. Avilla to center makes the middle very large and KDub is smiling as big as Stafford is right now. This is a second year of a significant change in our OL philosophy. 

Edited by NVRamsFan
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So is Avila playing Tackle? Or who is the Center? I like that the Rams are getting better up front regardless. 

Very likely center.  It's where the majority of his snaps his sophomore and junior years at TCU were logged, so he's not without experience there.

• Like 2

Just now, El Ramster said:

Hate it get us a freaking pass rusher man.. we have a sick oline last year. 

The Rams are well positioned to get one in round 1 this year. Also still plenty of FAs left. They might be waiting to sign the leftovers on a 1-year pad your stats next to Donald deal, which has been a successful strategy for them.

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

The Rams are well positioned to get one in round 1 this year. Also still plenty of FAs left. They might be waiting to sign the leftovers on a 1-year pad your stats next to Donald deal, which has been a successful strategy for them.

Listen guy. Donald has 1-2 years left. We can’t draft development guys. We need guys now for this last dance.. There is no more. I’m sick and tired of watching Donald tripled team with other guys not winning their 1-1. It’s heartbreaking and sickening. In that Detroit it happened so many times.. It’s heartbreaking watching Donald get tripled Bro it hurts my soul. 

https://www.facebook.com/SNFonNBC/videos/7237676572984698/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

just type Arron Donald tripled team on google and you’ll feel my devastation. Turner and Young are 2-3 years away from developing. Like man we just need another guy that can get his own. 

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Listen guy. Donald has 1-2 years left. We can’t draft development guys. We need guys now for this last dance.. There is no more. I’m sick and tired of watching Donald tripled team with other guys not winning their 1-1. It’s heartbreaking and sickening. In that Detroit it happened so many times.. It’s heartbreaking watching Donald get tripled Bro it hurts my soul. 

https://www.facebook.com/SNFonNBC/videos/7237676572984698/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

just type Arron Donald tripled team on google and you’ll feel my devastation. Turner and Young are 2-3 years away from developing. Like man we just need another guy that can get his own. 

Oh I get it. I just think you might be jumping the gun. The Rams we on the verge of blowing it all up until they massively hit on last year's draft. The Rams were never going to be completely revamped that fast (too many teams have gotten in trouble trying to force it). Still early in the offseason though.

• Like 1

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

Oh I get it. I just think you might be jumping the gun. The Rams we on the verge of blowing it all up until they massively hit on last year's draft. The Rams were never going to be completely revamped that fast (too many teams have gotten in trouble trying to force it). Still early in the offseason though.

We can because we have. Had we had another guy last year we could have made it deeper. The offensive talent was set, it was the defenses that needed retooling. So spending more money on the O is like what the hell man. Needed corners and pass rushers. We get O linemen and a sitty te. 

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

We can because we have. Had we had another guy last year we could have made it deeper. The offensive talent was set, it was the defenses that needed retooling. So spending more money on the O is like what the hell man. Needed corners and pass rushers. We get O linemen and a sitty te. 

I don't see it that way....our defense ultimately was fine last year. Held an elite offense to 24 points. Our offense couldn't score in the red zone consistently, which the OL and TE are going to help with.

We'll get a vet pass rusher, I guarantee it. Then CB in the first round.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

I like this direction. Our IoL is miles ahead of anything McVay has done before. Avilla to center makes the middle very large and KDub is smiling as big as Stafford is right now. This is a second year of a significant change in our OL philosophy. 

Gonna be one massive IOL with Avila at Center. Looks like McVay is done with the finesse and is leaning into bully ball. Makes sense to me. I have to imagine he's tired of SF outphysicalling us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gonna be one massive IOL with Avila at Center. Looks like McVay is done with the finesse and is leaning into bully ball. Makes sense to me. I have to imagine he's tired of SF outphysicalling us.

As long as it reflects in his playcalling, too.  There were too many occasions last season where the running game was cooking and drove us efficiently into the red zone only for McVay to turn aroudn and call nothing but pass plays and we'd end up having to settle for (hopeful) field goals because of our inconsistencies at kicker.  I'm willing to give Sean the benefit of the doubt for maybe not trusting the interior as much, given Shelton, but he's not going to have that excuse anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, Dr LBC said:

As long as it reflects in his playcalling, too.  There were too many occasions last season where the running game was cooking and drove us efficiently into the red zone only for McVay to turn aroudn and call nothing but pass plays and we'd end up having to settle for (hopeful) field goals because of our inconsistencies at kicker.  I'm willing to give Sean the benefit of the doubt for maybe not trusting the interior as much, given Shelton, but he's not going to have that excuse anymore.

Yeah that ravens game was nuts. Started off with 9’straight runs. Was legit crushing them to just air it out 3 times once we got to the red zone. 

• Like 1

Curious if they’ll go after a RB in FA or draft. I love Kyren but he certainly hasn’t shown any signs of being able to play a full season. I know Rivers will be back but is he really the answer if Kyren goes down? 

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Curious if they’ll go after a RB in FA or draft. I love Kyren but he certainly hasn’t shown any signs of being able to play a full season. I know Rivers will be back but is he really the answer if Kyren goes down? 

I think they have to, even if you assume Zach Evans is more able to contribute.