Vikings Sign RB Aaron Jones

24 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

We have been so active this offseason that I keep forgetting we got this guy in the house now. 

I think he has more than enough in the tank to produce quality numbers and he is easily a massive upgrade to Mattison, he should form a nice 1-2 punch with Chandler and give us some consistent pass pro from the RB spot.

I am exited by Jones as well.  I just hope O'Connell works out a creative running scheme for Chandler and Jones.  It would really help Darnold and rookie QB.

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What's the story behind the Sombrero?

According to Jones, the sunglasses and sombrero are just a fun way to show off who he is as a person as well as a football player.

Jones: “I’m from El Paso and the city has a huge Hispanic and Mexican culture. We were actually playing in Dallas and I went and got a costume sombrero and wore it with my outfit. I was getting so many compliments. Then a Packer fan named Señor Cheese Head contacted me. He was like, ‘Dude do you want me to send you a real sombrero, a Packer-colored one?’ And I’m like, ‘Yes, sir, I’d love that.’ He sent it to me last year and I’ve been wearing it ever since.”

“I feel like the world really doesn’t get to see you outside of the helmet you have on. I mean, and they penalize you if you take it off after you score. It’s a challenge for people to know your face or get to know you as a person or who you are. I’m a bright person. I like to bring a smile and joy to people. That’s who I am.”

https://www.insidehook.com/sports/packers-aaron-jones-sideline-shades-signature-sombrero

• Like 6

On 3/12/2024 at 8:21 AM, vegas492 said:

There's legit no way to bag on Jones' game or the person.  He's polite.  He's respectful.  He will do work in the community and he's never going to be a guy that keeps the front office up at night wondering where he is or what he is doing and how it can blowback against the club.

Aaron Jones, at signing: "I'm super excited to be here in Minnesota. I played against Minnesota a lot, and just walking into the stadium, the atmosphere, the energy, it's one of my favorite places to play. So being able to play up here, it's going to be special."

"A lot of positivity, energy, they welcomed me with open arms, I feel loved. There's no better way to feel coming in, so I thank them for the opportunity in bringing me here and believing in me. Let's go! It's official, guys, I love it here. Thank you. SKOL!"

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 6

Even though Aaron jones is 29 years old, he’s still shown he’s one of the league’s best runners. The dude still has juice. 

have someone like him and the pass catchers on the offense will help immensely help whichever rookie qb they draft 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Even though Aaron jones is 29 years old, he’s still shown he’s one of the league’s best runners. The dude still has juice. 

have someone like him and the pass catchers on the offense will help immensely help whichever rookie qb they draft 

Agreed, but I really hope it isn’t just abusing the usage of him with Darnold/rookie this year depending on how the season goes. Being optimistic, it sure would be nice to have him healthy at the end of the year.

40 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Agreed, but I really hope it isn’t just abusing the usage of him with Darnold/rookie this year depending on how the season goes. Being optimistic, it sure would be nice to have him healthy at the end of the year.

Just the threat of Aaron jones helps opens up the middle of the field for the passing offense. 

• Like 1

I would root for Aaron Jones on probably 29 teams in this league. 

He chose one of the 3...

Could have been a postseason MVP if the Packers had kept on winning. He might have been the best I've ever seen him to end 2023. It sucks he won't be around in 2024. But his availability wasn't where anyone wanted it to be, I'm sure. He works hard to get healthy and is just a super awesome person to have in the locker room. A guys whose contribution to the team results goes behind his box score for sure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Looks like Vikings will have 3.2m in dead money for 2025 for Aaron Jones.

Yes, if they don't extend him.  And with the increase in the salary cap, I'm not sure they care.  🤣

• Like 1