New Kicker Brandon McManus

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, just want to add that, yes, a missed XP is just one point, however, those missed points often change the complexion of the game and how teams approach their next decisions.  

Slye owes us like 9 points too. 

• Like 2

in 2022 when he kicked a 58 and 55 yarder to beat the Eagles.. I was sold. Not gonna get that from McManus. I'm OK with it - just don't understand it . Was it the missed XP s ? We've let so many good kicker walk. Gano, Hopkins, Suisham, Akers.. 

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

in 2022 when he kicked a 58 and 55 yarder to beat the Eagles.. I was sold. Not gonna get that from McManus. I'm OK with it - just don't understand it . Was it the missed XP s ? We've let so many good kicker walk. Gano, Hopkins, Suisham, Akers.. 

Don't underestimate McManus's leg.

• Like 2

Just now, RSkinGM said:

he does have a 61 yarder .

Barely missed a couple other 60+ yarders too. 

I also don't think McManus is the long term option. I hope we pick up a young guy to compete for a job.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Barely missed a couple other 60+ yarders too. 

I also don't think McManus is the long term option. I hope we pick up a young guy to compete for a job.

I agree. We need competition. And if he beats out McManus? Good.

And I don't think he's a long-term option. But he is a good option right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 9:51 PM, bigdog44 said:

I don’t like ex-Denver kickers. Their numbers are inflated from kicking at Mile High. McManus 50+ accuracy took a serious dip in his one year in Jacksonville. Hope the UDFA wins. 

Matt Prater has balled put except for 1 season since being cut in Denv. Of course his last 2 stops were Det (indoor) and Arizona so, those are very favorable places to kick.

I'm with you that I hope the UDFA wins the job.