Eagles Sign CJGJ(3 Years - $33 Million)

Why not talk about this in the Howie thread instead of the CJGJ thread?

Regarding CJ, I really like that they were able to sign him to a low-guarantee, incentive-laden deal. He has to stay healthy and produce to earn a large portion of that contract. On top of that, his versatility puts the Eagles in such a better situation. He gives them a great option in the slot which is huge. We saw last year what it looks like to not have a capable slot CB. He can also play next to Blankenship which was also desperately needed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

You really couldn’t figure this out? Think about who was one of the best WRs if not statistically the best in the NFL this year. 

You mean the WR from the 2020' draft?? Try a again?

Thanks for MF playing!!!

I said 21-23? 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

3 All Pro's or 8 Starters with 3 Pro Bowlers, yet to make AP?

Who is the 3rd All Pro from 21-23'?

Parsons, Bland (pure luck) ala Richard Sherman but 3rd?

Tyler Smith. Much deserved too. 

Far from "not so much" by them is what I mean. 

On 3/13/2024 at 12:59 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Only if being hypocritical when he doesn't.  Actually good at the opposite?

He has 4 picks in the top 100 yet again. If he chose to send a package to Denver which included pick #22 for Patrick Surtain II. 

Is he still a horrible drafter because he chose the "proven" over the unknown of Arnold, Mitchell, Wiggins, McKinstry?

If you can walk away from a NFL Draft with a singular Pro Bowler/AP, it's considered a good draft. Multiple starters, a great draft. 

Past 3 years, Howie has achieved that in "Spades" each and every season!

Remember that trades are to make up for failed draft picks, are older and more expensive players in draft picks and money. Like the AJ Brown trade has the failures of Reagor and JJAW picks. 

And Howie has not achieved that in spades the past 3 seasons, his 2023 was horrible. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

And Howie has not achieved that in spades the past 3 seasons, his 2023 was horrible. 

Can you name the players on the roster we have starting in front of these players?

Jalen Carter DT

Tyler Steen RG

Sydney Brown Safety

Nolan Smith OLB (Sweat/Reddick) either getting traded?

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can you name the players on the roster we have starting in front of these players?

Jalen Carter DT

Tyler Steen RG

Sydney Brown Safety

Other than Carter, not much different than saying "Who starting in front of these players?"

Danny Watkins RG. 

Jaiquan Jarrett S.

Derek Barnett DE.

Starting doesn't make them a good pick. 

Jalen Reagor and JJAW started for us too. Good picks?

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jalen Carter DT

Tyler Steen RG

Sydney Brown Safety

Carter is a sure fire starter and I've been shouting for Steen for months.

But Nolan Smith is not starting even if we trade Sweat or Reddick nor is Sydney barring a miracle recovery and an offseason injury to CJGJ or Blankenship. 

You don't seem to evaluate the two teams you compared with the same standard for one killing it and one not so much.  

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Carter is a sure fire starter and I've been shouting for Steen for months.

But Nolan Smith is not starting even if we trade Sweat or Reddick nor is Sydney barring a miracle recovery and an offseason injury to CJGJ or Blankenship. 

You don't seem to evaluate the two teams you compared with the same standard for one killing it and one not so much.  

Mazi Smith is a starter,  so he was a great pick. -Nabbs logic. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

It's amazing with you two. You constantly complain how Howie and this Organization consistently draft for 2-3 years down the line, not for immediate day 1 starters. However the year He drafts 4 players who all saw playing time as Rookies, they are what "Busts" now because all 4 weren't starters year 1 on a team coming off a SB birth?

How do you both know Steen, Brown and Smith are the next JJAW and Reagor? What you saw from the 2023 season was enough definitive proof they too will suck? GTFOH with that mess.

Just say, Howie never drafts the players I want year in, year out, therefore Howie Roseman sucks!!! If only I was GM, the Eagles would have 7 SB's by now! 

It's easier that way. 🍺👍

Nabbs signature should be goal posts that keep moving and are viewed through green color glasses. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's amazing with you two. You constantly complain how Howie and this Organization consistently draft for 2-3 years down the line, not for immediate day 1 starters. However the year He drafts 4 players who all saw playing time as Rookies, they are what "Busts" now because all 4 weren't starters year 1 on a team coming off a SB birth?

How do you both know Steen, Brown and Smith are the next JJAW and Reagor? What you saw from the 2023 season was enough definitive proof they too will suck? GTFOH with that mess.

Just say, Howie never drafts the players I want year in, year out, therefore Howie Roseman sucks!!! If only I was GM, the Eagles would have 7 SB's by now! 

It's easier that way. 🍺👍

Weren't you calling Mazi Smith a bust? Only eagles get 3 years to prove themselves?

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Weren't you calling Mazi Smith a bust? Only eagles get 3 years to prove themselves?

Wrong person. Never once mentioned his name. 

Edited by Nabbs4u