Eagles Sign CJGJ(3 Years - $33 Million)

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Is there a Howie Roseman thread for this? I keep clicking on latest post and they're nothing about CGJ lol let's talk about our boy and how we're most likely to use him in specific how Fangio traditionally might want to use him? How's he fit?

I think even though Fangio runs a 3-4, we see a lot of 3-3-5 with CJGJ lined up all over the place.  That is why I think Simmons is a good singing, can move both of them around.

• Like 1

Just now, Last Stand said:

Uh yeah? Us getting to a Super Bowl does make our team performance better than the cowboys

im confused. How would everyone around here feel if the eagles performed like the cowboys. Would everyone here be yearning for howie lol

would lowie become wowie 

We have work to do, the trophy case has one.  Need to fill it up, and there is no participation trophy's

Just now, downundermike said:

We have work to do, the trophy case has one.  Need to fill it up, and there is no participation trophy's

I agree, howie has to be better, the franchise as a whole has to be better. I’m no howie is perfect truther

I think he’s a top 10 GM mostly due to his trading and free agency. I think he’s an ok drafter who has strengths. I think some organizational philosophies need to shift. But I just don’t prescribe to sweeping end of spectrum thought processes on howie. He has his strengths and weaknesses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think even though Fangio runs a 3-4, we see a lot of 3-3-5 with CJGJ lined up all over the place.  That is why I think Simmons is a good singing, can move both of them around.

Big reason why I wanted Chaunc over maybe some other guys is his versatility. Dude can play literally at every level of the defense. Split safety, slot, box, TE coverage, you name it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I don’t need to provide proof, I wasn’t the one saying howie is this terrible drafter. I mean just look at nfl rosters around the league. There’s 15-20 teams that are routinely drafting in the top 10-15 picks every season. 

the eagles performance alone is enough to say howie is at bare minimum fine at drafting

it’s crazy to me that saying he’s fine at drafting. Great at some things, average at others, bad at others is some hot take

My take is the most lukewarm take imaginable on howies drafting ability 

I only take issue with the take that howie is bottom of the barrel which to me requires context

saying he’s fine does not because it’s reality lol. 

You are the one demanding it, and your claim has as much base. Hell you started as implying we were as good drafters as the Cowboys.

Don’t demand people to defend a point with a thoroughness you are not willing to provide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You are the one demanding it, and your claim has as much base. Hell you started as implying we were as good drafters as the Cowboys.

Don’t demand people to defend a point with a thoroughness you are not willing to provide.

I don’t think the eagles are as good of drafters as the cowboys, I think this idea that the cowboys are in some other stratosphere is absurd. I’d be pretty interested to see how eagles fans would react if the situations were flipped. 

Why would thoroughness be required of an opinion that isn’t thorough.

I didn’t claim anything strongly about howie.  

Saying I’m required to provide proof is like if someone says Genos is the worst cheesesteak in Philadelphia and another person says genos fine better than some and worse than others

you really think those are the same type of opinion? 

your acting like I came in here saying howie is the best drafting GM in the nfl. You even act like I said he’s definitively in the top 5 at drafting 

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

What makes Dallas noticeably better at drafting? 

outside of esoteric howie nonsense 

what’s like the actual tangible proof lol. And what’s the actual tangible proof that howie is some bottom of the league drafter as if the league is just riddled with teams rolling around in just rosters full of outstanding homegrown talent

and how many of these just fantastic untouchable drafting GMs are there

In the last couple years, Dallas has fallen off in drafting big time.

The years from dak and Zeke in 2016 to Lamb and Parsons classes were good, but since? Not impressed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

In the last couple years, Dallas has fallen off in drafting big time.

The years from dak and Zeke in 2016 to Lamb and Parsons classes were good, but since? Not impressed 

exactly this is my poin

And the eagles have had a couple good years and some really bad ones

i think most of the teams with let’s say top 10 records over the span of the last 20 years probably have some variation. 

there are probably with more research a few teams that consistently draft impact starters. Most likely outside of those teams everyone else is just fine at drafting. Great at some positions, fine at others, bad at others. 

eagles aren’t in the top 3, probably not the top 5. I’d guess somewhere in the 6-10 range, maybe they’re slightly further back in the 11-15 range

It’s almost as if the draft is mostly a crap shoot with varying degrees of success based off of scheme fit and development. Drafting is hard and there’s no exact science. Is it a pass-fail or is there a median “success” rate that people compare around the league? Id like to see all GMs track record and compare. I’m sure the Eagles are doing fine stacked up against the rest. 

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s almost as if the draft is mostly a crap shoot with varying degrees of success based off of scheme fit and development. Drafting is hard and there’s no exact science. Is it a pass-fail or is there a median “success” rate that people compare around the league? Id like to see all GMs track record and compare. I’m sure the Eagles are doing fine stacked up against the rest. 

It's the 1st round in particular with Howie. He will nail his picks in the top 10-15, when it's kinda obvious who you need to take, but he struggles to find guys after pick 20 and it's multiple choice.

Edited by Jeezla

I can live with that contract with only have $10m gm and having to earn the rest of it... hopefully he can stay healthy, because he can be an All-Pro if he does. 

Glad we got him back, never should have left. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

It's the 1st round in particular with Howie. He will nail his picks in the top 10-15, when it's kinda obvious who you need to take, but he struggles to find guys after pick 20 and it's multiple choice.

That's because it pretty much is, isn't it?

You have your legit Top 10-15 Diffrence makers in every single draft and after that,  a guessing game on who could be?

Whether they are players you wanted or players you hate. His last 3 drafts have netted 6-10 penciled in starters for the Eagles in 2024. At worst 10 players that will contribute considerably on the field baring injury.  11 if you count AJ Brown as the 1st rd pick we spent on him, not a rookie WR. 

Dickerson, Smitty, Williams 

Davis, AJ , Jurgens, Dean

Carter, Smith, Steen, Brown?

We are the opposite of Dallas right now who drafted well 2016-20, where we sucked. 21-23 Howie has killed it, Cowboys not so much. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Personally I feel like howie is an above average drafter. I think he's pretty good in rounds 1 and 2, but after that I feel like other teams find far more impactful low end starters/depth pieces than us in the rounds 3 and after. It's either good to great players or should have never made a roster players with howie and the draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's because it pretty much is, isn't it?

You have your legit Top 10-15 Diffrence makers in every single draft and after that,  a guessing game on who could be?

Whether they are players you wanted or players you hate. His last 3 drafts have netted 6-10 penciled in starters for the Eagles in 2024. At worst 10 players that will contribute considerably on the field baring injury.  11 if you count AJ Brown as the 1st rd pick we spent on him, not a rookie WR. 

Dickerson, Smitty, Williams 

Davis, AJ , Jurgens, Dean

Carter, Smith, Steen, Brown?

We are the opposite of Dallas right now who drafted well 2016-20, where we sucked. 21-23 Howie has killed it, Cowboys not so much. 

"Penciled in starter" doesn't mean much to me. Danny Watkins was a penciled in starter.
And no, Howie doesn't get credit for "drafting" AJ brown. If we trade DeVonta to the Titans on draft day, the Titans don't get credit for "drafting DeVonta". We traded for AJ the same way we traded for Slay. It just happened to happen on draft day.

Edited by Jeezla

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

"Penciled in starter" doesn't mean much to me. Danny Watkins was a penciled in starter.
And no, Howie doesn't get credit for "drafting" AJ brown. If we trade DeVonta to the Titans on draft day, the Titans don't get credit for "drafting DeVonta". We traded for AJ the same way we traded for Slay. It just happened to happen on draft day.

So if Howie used that 1st rd draft pick on Treylon Burks (instead) of trading it for AJ, he gets No Credit? 🤔 

Dickerson, Jurgens,  Carter,  Davis and Smitty are unquestionable STARTERS  now with Cox retiring. Steen, Dean, Brown and Smith could easily be starters.  How good, we don't know yet. 

Your obsession with draft picks, should also take into account Howie's wheeling and dealing those same draft picks on draft day for said players. 

It's still part of the overall process.