Eagles Sign CJGJ(3 Years - $33 Million)

What's the Guaranteed portion?

Imagine taking a year off getting injured naking $8M with the Lions to then sign , coming off sai injury the deal you really wanted in the first place from the Eagles? 

Odd all the way around. Sorry!

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Should have chosen him over bredberry last year

They technically did. The plan was to resign CJGJ instead, but he didn’t like their offer, told them to F off essentially and then the market dried up and the eagles shifted gears to bradberry

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

They technically did. The plan was to resign CJGJ instead, but he didn’t like their offer, told them to F off essentially and then the market dried up and the eagles shifted gears to bradberry

Exactly.  CGJ leaving was completely on him, not Howie or this FO. 

6 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah but they could have just been patient and let old man corner walk

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah but they could have just been patient and let old man corner walk

I mean I would’ve preferred that. In their defense Bradberry was 29

younger than some of the guys everyone here want to sign, he was 2nd team all pro

I don’t think even the most pessimistic could’ve imagined he’d regress to being someone who reasonably could be out of the league 

Edited by Last Stand

11 million per year seems like an overpay based on what he got last year and him getting hurt again.

Seems like we overpaid literally everyone we signed to significant deals... Chauncey, Landon and Saquon.

Honestly the Saquon deal was probably closest to what he was projected to get, but its still a lot for a RB... again hopefully he stays healthy too.

I should just be happy to finally have another quality safety/nickel, but I'm always gonna want to get the best value ($$$) too.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

11 million per year seems like an overpay based on what he got last year and him getting hurt again.

Seems like we overpaid almost everyone we signed to significant deals... Chauncey, Landon and Saquon.

Honestly the Saquon deal was probably closest to what he was projected to get, but its still a lot for a RB... again hopefully he stays healthy too.

I should just be happy to finally have another quality safety/nickel, but I'm always gonna want to get the best value ($$$) too.

But isn't that the case when the cap gets a significant increase? It just makes contracts bigger instead of allowing to sign more players.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Seems like we overpaid almost everyone we signed to significant deals... Chauncey, Landon and Saquon.

Landon was not an overpay, CJGJ is technically making the same offer the eagles gave him last year that he rejected (for better or worse)

Saquon is somewhat in line with his value

i just don’t buy we’ve overpaid. You’re not signing CJGJ based on what he did last year. He’s 26, you’re signing him based on how he looked in your own building and how you projected him moving forward when you offered him the initial 33 million last offseason

this is basically both sides admitting they made a mistake which I’m fine with

• Like 1

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

But isn't that the case when the cap gets a significant increase? It just makes contracts bigger instead of allowing to sign more players.

I guess, but you don't always have to overpay for players. Cincy is doing a good job bargain shopping with guys like Geno Stone on a 2 year / 15 million deal and Zack Moss on a 2 year / 8 million dollar deal.

I just think we are throwing money around a bit. I'm sure there's a lot of pressure on Howie to get stuff done and turn it around after last years disaster though.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Seems like we overpaid literally everyone we signed to significant deals... Chauncey, Landon and Saquon.

Welcome to Free Agency.

11 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Landon was not an overpay

To me it was. I think he's a good guard, but I don't think he's proven to be in the elite tier despite being bookended by Kelce and Mailata. 

Hopefully Landon takes that step this year and solidifies himself as a top guard.

It wasn't any crazy overpay cause Robert Hunt would come in on the free agent market not too long after with 20 million per year from the Panthers, but that's a desperate franchise that is just throwing around cash right now to allure people to Carolina. I think Landon should've been extended more in the 17-19 range instead of the 21 he got, so for me its still an overpay.

Saquon is somewhat in line with his value

Yeah PFF had him set for 3 years / 36 million so we gave him just a touch over what they had projected. We were in the bidding with other teams like supposedly the Texans and Bears, so I guess his final number is most in line with value, but paying a RB is always a bit dicey.

, CJGJ is technically making the same offer the eagles gave him last year that he rejected (for better or worse)

His agent said it was 3 years / 24 million max, so no its like 9 million higher than what he was offered.

I'm cool with him being back and said the other day I'd welcome him with open arms, but I just expected it to be a bit lower based on him not having the greatest year and getting banged up again.

But, like I said I don't think we have the full details and the base value due to the wording of the tweet is probably at least a few million lower.

I don't think the signings are bad, but I don't think we hit it out of the park with value by any means either.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy