Titans sign Calvin Ridley

deeluxx3

Not that it matters but...

you know whose also "overpaid"... Amy Adams Strunk.

You don't see her yearly profits from owning this team. I bet its more than the entire salary cap. 

I understand people mean it in relation to the cap more than the actual money. But I still think fans need to always keep the perspective that this ain't our money and that owners are making record profits while cutting these checks. 

The real overpay will be the price of PSLs in this new publicly funded stadium. 

14 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Let's see if Philips can do something. Lol. 

Honestly this makes me more intrigued with Burks in the slot. Most of hist highlight plays at Arkansas came out of the slot. He's clearly struggling to adjust to playing outside. Perhaps we can tap into something if we use him more like he was used in college... and if his glass body doesn't fracture.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Honestly this makes me more intrigued with Burks in the slot. Most of hist highlight plays at Arkansas came out of the slot. He's clearly struggling to adjust to playing outside. Perhaps we can tap into something if we use him more like he was used in college... and if his glass body doesn't fracture.

He’s adjusting to staying healthy he can play outside & inside. He just needs health on his side. But the clock is ticking it’s make or break for him this yr man this the best feeling I’ve had bout the WR’s since we signed Humphries with AJ & CD… I hope we get a LT in FA & go CB. *** Sneed he’s low key a shutdown CB but I’m believing his knee injury history has some truth to it, & trading draft compensation plus paying him 20 mill. I rather pass 

• Like 1

Ridley is overpaid for what he is. And that’s fine. We can afford it while sacrificing virtually nothing and there simply wasn’t a LT worth spending this money on instead. This time next year, he’ll also probably barely be in the top 20 in AAV at WR.

This is a move that needed to happen. We needed another starting receiver because we couldn’t go into the draft with two desperate needs on offense. Not when far and away the most important thing in 2024 is figuring out what we have in Levis.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Ridley is overpaid for what he is. And that’s fine. We can afford it while sacrificing virtually nothing and there simply wasn’t a LT worth spending this money on instead. This time next year, he’ll also probably barely be in the top 20 in AAV at WR.

This is a move that needed to happen. We needed another starting receiver because we couldn’t go into the draft with two desperate needs on offense. Not when far and away the most important thing in 2024 is figuring out what we have in Levis.

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾 Well said #titanup

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

If it's the Chiefs.....what a championship move. 

Since it's the Titans. It's an overpay. 

i texted legit the same thing to a buddy of mine. used KC as the alt example

Here's my thoughts on the deal/value...IMO Ridley is a top 20 WR in the league. That's my opinion. He's making the 10th highest WR salary in the league and, once guys like Jefferson, St. Brown, etc get paid, that "highest paid" ranking will only go down. So what are we even talking about here? The guy can ball. Let's now see if he shows up for us on Sundays.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

i texted legit the same thing to a buddy of mine. used KC as the alt example

Here's my thoughts on the deal/value...IMO Ridley is a top 20 WR in the league. That's my opinion. He's making the 10th highest WR salary in the league and, once guys like Jefferson, St. Brown, etc get paid, that "highest paid" ranking will only go down. So what are we even talking about here? The guy can ball. Let's now see if he shows up for us on Sundays.

This all day.  I'm gonna be kind of surprised if he's not further down the list before the season starts (Higgins might eclipse him soon).  And yeah, next offseason he will plummet.

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ridley vs. Higgins… who is better?

Ehhh pretty even imo Id prob say TEE right this min. BUT not having to trade for Ridley is key so Im cool with this move. Dhop still has it and Im not giving up on Burks and KP

We have a scary room rn. Just in case tho I wouldnt mind drafting one to replace Dhop after this season. Starting to look like a winning NFL team again. WIll has all the pressure in the world and I think hes a GUY soo we might be back sooner than we thought

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ridley vs. Higgins… who is better?

There was a time before the suspension, WRs around the league talked insanely highly of Ridley. Calling him one of the best route runners and ranking him very highly. It will be interesting to see him with a year under his belt and with a guy like Willy Levis.

Fox Sports had Tee at 9, Ridley at 23 in their free agent rankings.  NFL.com had Calvin at 7, and didn't list Tee.  PFF had Tee at 4 and Ridley at 25.  Sporting News has Tee at 13, Ridley at 29.  NBC had Higgins at 4 and Ridley at 26.

So pretty much everyone ranks Tee ahead of Ridley.