Commanders trade Howell to Seahawks

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

In what world does that value Howell as being worth a 3rd in that transaction?

In the world where people have attempted to place values on each pick, and we can figure out the difference between the picks we gave up and the picks we got — and that value equates to a late 3rd or early 4th (depending on what chart you use).

Show Work:

200 (pick 78 value) + 30.6 (pick 152 value) = 230.6 (value of picks we received)

92 (pick 102 value) + 19.8 (pick 179 value) = 111.8 (value of picks we gave up)

230.6 (what we got) - 111.8 (what we gave up) = 118.8 (surplus value)

118.8 points is equivalent to approximately pick 95-96.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

In the world where people have attempted to place values on each pick, and we can figure out the difference between the picks we gave up and the picks we got — and that value equates to a late 3rd or early 4th (depending on what chart you use).

Show Work:

200 (pick 78 value) + 30.6 (pick 152 value) = 230.6 (value of picks we received)

Thanks E, still doesn’t seem like in my mind & when I look at giving up 2 picks plus Howell but I appreciate you pointing out to me how it does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I need to go online and buy a Sam Howell Commanders jersey so I can wear it ironically in 10 years when we've changed the name to something else. 

Wait a few weeks, you’ll probably get one for $10

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Bro, with all due respect, you have been so giddy about Maye that yes you have given up on him. Quite frankly seeing the response from the fans, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Howell requested a trade. It's not a good feeling to feel unwanted. 

I hope that Seattle gives him a real chance. I think he beats out Geno 10/10 times in an open competition.

LMFAO I was the biggest Howell homer on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

LMFAO I was the biggest Howell homer on here. 

You were. Then you as well gave up on his potential as the QBotF too.

Again, I'm not saying this to offend you and I hope you don't take it that way. Everyone gave up. In some ways I did too, but I still believe in him more than any of these rookie QBs outside of Caleb Williams, but I will tell you that I will take Sam Howell the person over Caleb Williams the person 10/10 times. 

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I will tell you that I will take Sam Howell the person over Caleb Williams the person 10/10 times. 

I doubt anyone would argue that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Show Work:

In a world where the player and person are not factored in, we turned a 5th round pick that 31 teams passed on into a late 3rd pick two years later. It's really not bad value, I'm just not a fan of it personally. I understand the business side and hope that I don't look back on this later and think this was the biggest mistake of the Adam Peters Era. Right now it's neck and neck with signing Mariota for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You were. Then you as well gave up on his potential as the QBotF too.

Again, I'm not saying this to offend you and I hope you don't take it that way. Everyone gave up. In some ways I did too, but I still believe in him more than any of these rookie QBs outside of Caleb Williams, but I will tell you that I will take Sam Howell the person over Caleb Williams the person 10/10 times. 

But I didn't give up. I just knew where this was headed. When Keim starts talking about picking a QB I know the end is coming. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

But I didn't give up. I just knew where this was headed. When Keim starts talking about picking a QB I know the end is coming. 

I hear you. Maybe I'm mispeaking cause I'm a little emotional about this, but I honestly feel that everyone in this forum should be happy, Howell is gone and they are getting their savior at 2. 

I saw the writing on the wall too, I just had hoped he would have been given a legitimate shot to prove who he could be here. Now he has that chance in Seattle. 

As an aside, my phone is blowing up from fans in my local state, Washington, asking me about him and I get to talk about him and watch his progression here. So I guess there's that.

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I hear you. Maybe I'm mispeaking cause I'm a little emotional about this, but I honestly feel that everyone in this forum should be happy, Howell is gone and they are getting their savior at 2. 

I saw the writing on the wall too, I just had hoped he would have been given a legitimate shot to prove who he could be here. Now he has that chance in Seattle. 

As an aside, my phone is blowing up from fans in my local state, Washington, asking me about him and I get to talk about him and watch his progression here. So I guess there's that.

I collect football cards. I have hundreds of dollars worth of Howell auto cards lol. I'm just as bummed as you are about this. I've been a fan of Howell since his UNC freshman days. I wanted him to be given the chance to compete with the rookie we drafted. They obviously thought otherwise. It sucks but we lost Fuller too who has been a favorite of mine. 

• Like 3

Peters had to know this would be UNpopular move. Maybe his evalaution is correct and he'll never a good starter in the NFL. 

Lord-If he becomes a star  . There won't be a hidey hole anywhere for Mr Peters .

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Peters had to know this would be UNpopular move. Maybe his evalaution is correct and he'll never a good starter in the NFL. 

Lord-If he becomes a star  . There won't be a hidey hole anywhere for Mr Peters .

I don't think he would ever become a star here with their current belief about him. As soon as they signed Mariota of all QBs, Howells time here was over. 

No one could succeed in a place where they aren't wanted. 

This is best case scenario for the situation and for all parties involved IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't know why anyone in the forum is complaining. You all gave up on him too. 

The writing was on the wall.

I didn't. I just recognized that the team with a new GM and new HC was gonna go QB. I would've been fine going OT early (maybe trade back a few spots though( and running back with Sam