Eagles sign LB Devin White

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Why? Who did you want that was still there? Or a trade? 

He can't play the run or cover. I don't even think Fangio blitzes a ton to highlight his one strength.

Jerome Baker would've been better for sure.

I guess they could've looked into a trade, but I'd rather have signed Cunningham for the vet minimum than White for probably 5-6 (guessing he has 1.5-2.5 million in incentives to reach 7.5).

I really hope they don't see Devin White as a reason not to go with a LB with one of our 2nd rounders. If they do then this makes this pick up even more of a disaster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He can't play the run or cover. I don't even think Fangio blitzes a ton to highlight his one strength.

Jerome Baker would've been better for sure.

I guess they could've looked into a trade, but I'd rather have signed Cunningham for the vet minimum than White for probably 5-6 (guessing he has 1.5-2.5 million in incentives to reach 7.5).

I really hope they don't see Devin White as a reason not to go with a LB with one of our 2nd rounders. If they do then this makes this pick up even more of a disaster.

On the bright side at least they didn't commit to him for multiple years. I haven't watched him play much but you don't seem to be very fond of him which gives me pause. Hopefully, he proves you wrong, no offense.

1 minute ago, Folesadelphia said:

On the bright side at least they didn't commit to him for multiple years. I haven't watched him play much but you don't seem to be very fond of him which gives me pause. Hopefully, he proves you wrong, no offense.

Trust me. I'd love for him to prove me and others wrong, but I'm definitely not excited about this one.

Hopefully the base value of his deal is like 5 million at most.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Go watch his most recent game against the ravens he's the guy being blocked downfield 20 yards every snap

• Like 1

I’d have loved this as a dart throw

but at 7.5 I’m guessing it’s less a dart throw and more a serious thing

i have no problem bringing in white to go through camp. I’m a little concerned at the number lol

7.5 is Kyzirs number

thats borderline expected starter number lol

Edited by Last Stand

40 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dodson to the Seahawks. Would have rather had him but alas 

Yeah I became intrigued by him as well. Oh well

Look forward to his blown coverages. Here’s to hoping for some reason fangio has more of a pulse on how to make white not suck than Bowles 

….lol