Eagles sign LB Devin White

5 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I feel like people are way too negative about this signing… I mean you guys want another shot with Zach Cunningham, Shaq Leonard, Nicholas Morrow slow ***** running around the field again. At the very least White can run side line to side line, which is an upgrade over what we had. 

All I'm saying is. This doesn't move the needle for me at all in terms LB being a need. And for 7.5 mil it should. Fortunately it seems to be heavily incentive based

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I think the Barkley move gave some hope that Howie might actually spend on LB some. He should be an upgrade over what we had last year but still that's not saying much. 

I mean technically he did.  The full contract details will be interesting.  This is the type of move the Eagles typically make though when they plan to draft a guy.  Remains to be seen.  In a vacuum this move should be rated as a C-.  Bare minimum effort to put competent LB play on the field, but at least it is low risk high reward.  If this is all they do it will definitely be disappointing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol

Are we really posting PFF Grades...Cmon Ya'll haven't we learned by now how **** PFF is. 

His best years was When Bowles was his DC, Once the new DC took over statistically the whole team went down. 

Very Low Risk / High Reward

This is a great signing at value in an extreme position at need on a very manageable and controlled 1 Year deal. 

Very similar to the Nigel Bradham Signing. 

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

Reminds more of Kurt Coleman, no one sucked with more heart and effort than Kurt 

Everyone is like he's better than Morrow and he mat actually not ve Morrow had some good games last year 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Are we really posting PFF Grades...Cmon Ya'll haven't we learned by now how **** PFF is. 

His best years was When Bowles was his DC, Once the new DC took over statistically the whole team went down. 

Very Low Risk / High Reward

This is a great signing at value in an extreme position at need on a very manageable and controlled 1 Year deal. 

Very similar to the Nigel Bradham Signing. 

The eye test backs up the PFF grades and Bucs fans will tell you the same thing.

To me Bradham had proven more as a coverage player coming from Buffalo, but he was coming off a bad year.

White definitely has the tools athletically but his processing is very hit or miss. Luckily for him he had Lavonte David next to him. His best year came 4 years ago (2020) when he helped the Bucs on their way to winning a SB.

Maybe Fangio can unlock him, but I’m not holding my breath, cause it’s not like he was a bad fit with Bowles. Hopefully the deal is heavily incentivized like that one dude said.

• Like 1

It’s a smart swing, a lot of how I’ll react to this move long term will be tied to what else they do at the position

if they draft a guy round 2 to join white, van sumeren and dean then I’m thrilled

if they bring back Cunningham to go with those 3 I’m probably not happy. I’ll also be hoping for BVS to surprise

if they make a trade there or something I’ll obviously be happy

5 hours ago, Danger said:

All I'm saying is. This doesn't move the needle for me at all in terms LB being a need. And for 7.5 mil it should. Fortunately it seems to be heavily incentive based

As it shouldn't because Devin White sucks *** - but at least he's fast!

The gross negligence of the linebacker room continues.

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

As it shouldn't because Devin White sucks *** - but at least he's fast!

The gross negligence of the linebacker room continues.

This is more of an August comment

I assume this won’t be the last move. It may be the last move and if it is we should all be frustrated

there’s still a draft, trade, and training camp

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

Dudes hot garbage lol just a name everyone recognized so people get happy. Was benched last year and ranked 80 of 82 lbs 

IrishHooligan has a thing for Athletic draft busts.

• Like 1