Chiefs sign Hollywood Brown

NYRaider

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Because they have Mahomes. Look I get that it works for them, but why make life harder for Pat than it has to be? They struggled a lot in the regular season to have the same caliber offense they had. I'm not saying that they won't make the AFC Championship game, but why just continue to settle for mediocrity at the position and put all that weight on Mahomes to do literally everything.

Most of the struggles you’re talking about are when Rice was playing very low snap counts.   We don’t need a #1, just need guys to fill their roles.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

his average air yards per reception is 3.5 Yards downfield, maybe he develops the ability to go downfield, but that doesn't scream #1 to me.

That’s just the Chiefs offense, really has nothing to do with Rashess ability at all.

We literally run short routes and screens all day long, can’t punish a player for it 

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

That’s just the Chiefs offense, really has nothing to do with Rashess ability at all.

We literally run short routes and screens all day long, can’t punish a player for it 

Or maybe you have to run short routes and screens all day long because you don't have the personnel to challenge teams downfield since Hill left? I like this signing for you guys btw.

18 minutes ago, Xmad said:

I take that with a massive grain of 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT30EYCau-byJyWeeCrIF

that's rice not salt?
have I used the expression wrong my entire life?
take it with a grain of rice?
take it with a grain of salt.

Rasheee Rice is fine though and Brown will be a good speed field stretcher replacing MVS for MVS or less money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Or maybe you have to run short routes and screens all day long because you don't have the personnel to challenge teams downfield since Hill left? I like this signing for you guys btw.

Outside of the obvious funny fails from last years regular season, our offense actually became more efficient after losing Tyreek.    The explosive plays disappeared, but our PPG didn’t waiver and we were actually sustaining drives and leaving the D in better situations. 
We lost some fun plays,  but I don’t think it made us worse by any means 

8 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Outside of the obvious funny fails from last years regular season, our offense actually became more efficient after losing Tyreek.    The explosive plays disappeared, but our PPG didn’t waiver and we were actually sustaining drives and leaving the D in better situations. 
We lost some fun plays,  but I don’t think it made us worse by any means 

Why not have both the long sustaining drives AND the field stretcher/deep ball threat, though?

7 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Why not have both the long sustaining drives AND the field stretcher/deep ball threat, though?

Well I would hope for this perfect of an offense.   It is Andy’s scheme though,  I think that part gets left out a ton when people say we need a #1.   We don’t do a ton of jump balls, back shoulders.   Andy can get guys open off what the defense is playing,   As long as Pat is Pat and Andy is dialing up plays.. we literally just need guys to fill their roles.   
We’ll run this passing game through Kelce and Rice and just need others to file their role.

Edited by RedGold

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

that's rice not salt?
have I used the expression wrong my entire life?
take it with a grain of rice?
take it with a grain of salt.

Rasheee Rice is fine though and Brown will be a good speed field stretcher replacing MVS for MVS or less money.

You have. Yeah this is a very good move by the chiefs, was hoping the ravens would sign brown for a 1 year prove it deal or hell a long term deal to across from Zay.