Is Aaron Donald now the greatest DT of all time?

Is Aaron Donald now the greatest DT of all time?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is Aaron Donald now the greatest DT of all time?

• Mean Joe Green
    • Aaron Donald
    • Alan Page
    • Other

Damm not one person responded to

my HOF thingy magingy. That’s insane. Not one of you potato boys can name a HOF he played with on the Dline for his career. Every

other guy you mention has had 2-3 mates. 

• Like 1

Page or Donald. Donald probably getting most of the votes cause we never saw Page play live. I don't know how anyone can say it's decisively Donald. I'm torn. Probably say Page with his resume.

With that said, Reggie White is the greatest DL ever and it's not even remotely close. 

18 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Damm not one person responded to

my HOF thingy magingy. That’s insane. Not one of you potato boys can name a HOF he played with on the Dline for his career. Every

other guy you mention has had 2-3 mates. 

Yeah, usually a great player makes those around him greater.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, usually a great player makes those around him greater.

Which is why had AD played with HOFs around him, he would've been even better.

He made average guys great (see Dante Fowlers' Atlanta contract), but no one he played with was good enough to stop him from getting double/triple teamed regularly. That's not even debatable. 

15 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Which is why had AD played with HOFs around him, he would've been even better.

He made average guys great (see Dante Fowlers' Atlanta contract), but no one he played with was good enough to stop him from getting double/triple teamed regularly. That's not even debatable. 

It doesn't matter if he had HOF DEs on each end, an elite pass rushing DT is getting doubled.

Everyone could have been more productive if certain things happened. That's why you go with what you see, it leaves nothing to the imagination. Even though people are still imagining things for some reason.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:11 PM, fluhartz said:

lol... that's hilarious... Jordan would average about 50 a game in todays NBA..  You can't touch people now... he averaged 30+ getting tackled in the lane... 

There's a flipside to everything. Jordan was probably born at the perfect time for his Bulls teams to dominate the NBA. If you had that team 10 years earlier, they don't win 6 titles with Bird and Magic in their prime during his prime. If you put those teams 10 years later, they aren't going to be stopping the Shaq/Kobe Lakers or the Duncan Spurs. Hell even in the 2010's I don't think the Bulls would dominate as much with the Warriors and some of Lebron's Heat teams. 

And yeah we'd contextualize Jordan very differently with less titles. So yeah, maybe he'd have better stats, but you're taking away some of his high end achievements to get it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 2:49 PM, JonStark said:

People really underestimate the difference in talent between the eras of Page/LT and the one AD played in. 

Donald is easily the GOAT DT, and probably the GOAT defensive player in general. 

More than that ate the rules, in my opinion. It is very regularly (and correctly) pointed out that comparing offensive players of today vs years past isn't exactly fair without allowing for the rule changes, but it hardly ever seems to be argued as much in reverse, for defensive players. 

This is also why Charles Woodson and Ed Reed to my mind are probably the two best DBs of all time. 

• Like 1