Raiders resign John Jenkins (1yr/3.25M)

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

This doesn't look like the Tom Telesco go we saw in LA. Definitely looks like the whole Spanos family signing the contracts rumor was true

True the Telesco in LA always had a good Qab

Love this move though, DL is basically set now.

DE - Crosby | Koonce 

NT - Jenkins | Nesta 

DT - Wilkins | Butler | Young

DE - Wilson | Robinson 

we could add another DE but I don’t think it’s necessary. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

QB but a typo, I know you haven’t seen a good one here in decades so it was hard to comprehend. 

Oh yeah he inherited Philip Rivers. And then Herbert fell into his lap. So we'll see what he does a quarterback on the pick isnt obvious

• Like 1

Another good resigning. Dude was good after the Raiders stupidly let Billings walk. DL is set wouldn’t be surprised if they did add another DT in the draft. 

Will only be his 2nd season but this could be a make of break year for Byron Young. Couldn’t stay active his rookie year which is not what you want to see out of a 3rd round pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Another good resigning. Dude was good after the Raiders stupidly let Billings walk. DL is set wouldn’t be surprised if they did add another DT in the draft. 

Will only be his 2nd season but this could be a make of break year for Byron Young. Couldn’t stay active his rookie year which is not what you want to see out of a 3rd round pick. 

I think with Wilkins / Jenkins / Butler as the main three DT, Tyree sliding inside on passing downs, and Young / Nesta as depth we have more than enough at DT.

Another sensible, obvious signing. Often doing the simple, obvious things are the right moves and so often in recent past we’ve not done that. Gives us flexibility in that we’re not desperate now or tipping our hand. Hopefully Nesta and Young can improve a little too and provide a little depth.

• Like 2

Great news. Thought Jenkins was really solid last year. This and the Butler signing really solidifies this group. Moving on from Tillery and keeping these guys was what I was hoping we’d do.

It’s really cool to have what looks to be one of the strongest groups in the league. How often do we get to say that. And with one of the most important areas of the team.

This dline should give us an identity. You saw the effect they had at the end of the year when they were allowed to cut loose. And with Wilkins, these key role players back and hopefully further development from Tyree and Koonce - it should be a really exciting thing to watch..

• Like 1

The DL looks in very good shape, which is something we can't have said for a Raiders DL in... forever?

I really like what we're doing on the defensive side of the ball. It's a shame the offense is trending in such a worryingly meh direction. We're a good starting QB away from being a serious team, but it feels like that QB is so far away right now.

(Probably a comment for another thread - forgetting for a second that this is the Jenkins re-sign thread. But yeah, good deal to bring him back.)

Edited by Nightmare