53 Man Roster Projection

AnAngryAmerican

On 11/19/2017 at 10:48 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Didn't we hear all offseason about how mean and nasty this team was going to be?

Wasn't that offered as the No.1 reason why we drafted the meathead OT in the first round?

This team is a joke. From Ellis to Elway to Russell to Vance to the whole coaching staff to the 53rd guy on the roster. 

Kubes & Wade got a lot from this roster...but it also required PM’s last ride to elevate the team. It’s salvageable, but not with Hubris.

16 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I agree and maybe it’s the wrong time for Elway to “send a message” but these players are adults they can be accountable 

Depends entirely on the circumstances. If he was out on the beers last night then by all means get rid of him, if he was late because his daughter got sick or he got stuck in traffic then give him the benefit of the doubt, but I have a hard time believing that being late to work once is a fireable offence. 

• 4 weeks later...

BTW it's an under-the-radar move but I like the JJ Dielman pickup off the Bengals practice squad.  Yes their OL sucks so you have to wonder why he didn't get to the 53 man roster but that's life as a 5th round rookie.   He's got some potential, which is way more than you can say about Dillon Day.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

BTW it's an under-the-radar move but I like the JJ Dielman pickup off the Bengals practice squad.  Yes their OL sucks so you have to wonder why he didn't get to the 53 man roster but that's life as a 5th round rookie.   He's got some potential, which is way more than you can say about Dillon Day.

He was the guy we wanted in the offseason to replace day right?

That and the Quanterus Smith move was eery.

26 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Picking up some depth at center for 2018 because McGovern will be a full time starting RG next year. 

I think you're right. One difference though. I think McGovern will still be the backup center. We still need a good interior backup in any case..

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

What a 3M waste.  All in the desperate “get speed at all costs” search this past offseason.   Good riddance when he’s gone. 

The verbal BJ that Ciecel Lammey gave him and Mike McCoy during training camp schould tell you all you need to know about the former. What a hack. 

7 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

We sorely misused Charles this season, no idea why he wasn't used more as a receiver. I don't really blame him for wanting to be released.

Charles doesn’t have the same extra gear like he had at his peak.  He’s had 200+ touches in his KC/DEN since his 2nd ACL and had 1 20+ yd play and nothing higher.  Plus extra usage at his mileage likelihood of breaking down went way up.   Remember he needed all preseason to play one half.    The one thing he was still excellent at was pass pro.  But at 8-10 touches it was a pure waste.  

Booker literally offered the same pass catching skills at a fraction of the price and would have allowed us to spend the $ elsewhere.    While the position is disposable in nature splitting the work 3 ways was a terrible idea from the get go.   Splitting work between 2 backs is the ideal formula if you don’t have a true bellcow - it’s hard for rhythm to develop otherwise.  

If you don’t attach any importance to the name the film and stats would have said you don’t pay the guy more than the vet min.  That’s a key mistake made - paying for past performance.   RB is so disposable paying anything more than the vet min and bonuses for true performance rather than making the roster and games played is a huge mistake.  Signing JC was a mistake given his limitations.   Paying him 2M more in bonuses just to show up was an even bigger one.  

Archived