AAA's Mock Draft

I haven't done a mock in years. But I'm not exactly being productive at work today with the games on so I figured what the heck. Feel free to pick it apart. 

Trade - Denver trades #12 (1200 points) to Philadelphia for #22 (780), #50 (400) and a 2025 4th-round pick (~20). Rationale - Philly is in win-now mode and they trade up for either CB Terrion Arnold or CB Quinyon Mitchell. 

1.22 (via PHI): Bo Nix, QB, Oregon - I have some doubts but he checks a lot of boxes and can sit for a year, or a good chunk of it, and learn Sean's offense. We get the best of both worlds in that we get a possible QBOTF without having to mortgage the future and pick up an extra premium pick and a throw-in for the rebuild. 

2.50 (via PHI): Braden Fiske, DT, Florida St. - Very blue collar DL prospect who has some Derek Wolfe traits, plays with his a super high motor, fills a big need and should see at least rotational action right away. 

3.76: Cade Stover, TE, Ohio St. - Very raw, especially as a blocker, but has high potential. TEs generally take some time to adjust regardless and this is a high-ceiling prospect who played at a top-tier program in a conference that plays defense and where the weather is bad. Drafted to be coached up with the future in mind just like Nix. 

Trade: Denver trades #135 (38) and #147 (32.8) for #110 (74)

4.110: Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky - Versatile, aggressive CB who is unafraid to help in run support, something on which I always play a high value. Should be an early contributor and like John Elway said, "you can never have enough good corners." 

4.121: Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado St. - As everyone knows, I almost always put one of my CSU Rams in my mocks. As a season ticket holder I've watched Kamara for his whole career and he is a raw but relentless player who can be coached up into a force against both the run and pass. Also, the last EDGE we brought down from FoCo turned out all right. 

Trade: Denver trades #145 (33.5) and a 2025 5th (~20) for #125 (47)

4.125: Luke McCaffrey, WR, Rice - This one will draw a huge round of applause from the fan base but this is more than a PR move; Luke isn't the type of WR his father was, but, like his brother, he has great vision and instincts with the ball in his hands and can likely play in the slot, making him a nice complement to a possession WR like Sutton and a deep/screen threat like Mims. 

6.203: Jase McClellan, RB, Alabama - A RB with good vision, burst and experience with an elite program. Lacks top-end speed and needs polish as a receiver but worth a late round flier. 

6.207: Tyrice Knight, LB, UTEP - Good run defending LB with solid instincts who will likely become a core player ST more than see significant snaps at LB. 

• Like 2

Works for me. I imagine if the FO believes they can pull off Nix with a trade down that's probably the top Option behind one of the QBs sliding and becoming available via trade up. 

I love Kamara. We've met with him several times. Wouldn't be shocked if he's drafted here.

Well, learned a lot about some prospects and liked everything after pick #1. I was curious about who would be available at #22 so here's the folks CBS has rated between 21 and 23.

21= Troy Fautanu IOL

22= Chop Robinson  Edge

23= Johnny Newton  DL.

Looks to me like if we replace Nix with anyone of these guys it'd be a great draft.

• Like 1