Bears take Caleb Williams 1.1

dll2000

37 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If we trade down and take Bo Nix I will be broken. lol

That just happened to MN in site GM mock draft.

They couldn't get up to JJ and got stuck with Nix.   LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@Madmike90 took him in GM draft.  We can start it. 

Time to start getting hyped.  I can’t wait any longer.  

Not 100% sure this is how it works but sure let’s go with it 😂

I think at this point if it is anyone but Caleb I would be shocked & disappointed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That just happened to MN in site GM mock draft.

They couldn't get up to JJ and got stuck with Nix.   LOL.

Looks like Jefferson is about to run enough slants to make Michael Thomas blush. Haha

By far the most important video of Caleb you can watch...forget the magician stuff which will instinctively come with time...this video shows the meat and potatoes of what Caleb will need to do in the pros and some of these throws are at such a high level that it is incredibly exciting what he could become in the right environment. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

By far the most important video of Caleb you can watch...forget the magician stuff which will instinctively come with time...this video shows the meat and potatoes of what Caleb will need to do in the pros and some of these throws are at such a high level that it is incredibly exciting what he could become in the right environment. 

Watching you come to like CW13 has been really interesting.  Makes me feel better about my own take on him which is very positive.  Seems like there is lots tow ork with as well as lots of ways to go right. If it goes poorly I think it's going to go one of two ways, either our OL is bad or injured and forces him to play hero ball at the pro level which isn't going to work as well, or his relations with the Bears off the field get complicated and dramatic and cause issues there.  Everything else seems pretty darn positive. 

There's a good article on DBB about how his time to throw as a stat is poor, but when you break it down it's largely because of his very high duration scramble time which gets added in and it's not him processing slow or waiting for WR to get open, and how his tape doesn't look like a hight TTT, which makes sense. I think someone here made that argument early as I've been saying similar things when my buddy has brought that up as "Fields 2.0"  They both have high TTT but got there in very different ways. 

This is most highly thought of QB prospect Bears have ever drafted.   

I can’t think of a higher ranked prospect at any position we have drafted off top of my head.  

You would have to go all they way back to Red Grange or something.  Maybe I am missing someone.  

Butkus at LB perhaps.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Great video.  One thing about Caleb's game that worried me was his ability to play in the pocket.  This answers some questions.

Edited by BeaReylo