Bears take Caleb Williams 1.1

dll2000

18 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Completely agree that he's going to be a trip, and fully expect some serious pain in the butt "can you believe this guy" moments, hwoever if someone is going to attack your character, and you're the kind of person who will publicly respond,  that's at least well done.

Is Williams the Gen Z version of Jay Cutler? Instead of a dead tone and face of indifference for the "I don't care" attitude it is more loud and brash version of it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Ty:

Can't throw on time? Throws like a girl.

Plays hero ball?  LOL.

Immature/Weird?  Yes.

Actually the gods blessed me with all the athletic stuff, I’m still good at stuff without trying. It’s the trying that stuffed me at times 

Weird though, I can’t fight that one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Is Williams the Gen Z version of Jay Cutler? Instead of a dead tone and face of indifference for the "I don't care" attitude it is more loud and brash version of it?

The zero ints on 3rd and 4th down thing makes a Jay C comp questionable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Completely agree that he's going to be a trip, and fully expect some serious pain in the butt "can you believe this guy" moments, hwoever if someone is going to attack your character, and you're the kind of person who will publicly respond,  that's at least well done. 

Yea, I have no problem with this one. I can just see the the problematic interaction (or distraction or whatever) coming down the tracks, and it will piss everyone off from Warren all the way down to the fans

Fully aboard for taking the chance on this guy, but there are a number of things my Bears PTSD lets me imagine. If he works at any level I'd bet his contract negotiation is a huge story and he might hold out/in.  I could even see his rookie contrat being a pain like Roquan's.  He'll probably have some public gripe about something the Bears do schematically at some point... Could totally see him being the same kind of distraction that Rodgers was up north to be honest, but if he can play like that I'll take some frustration in exchange for some magic.

As long as he brings that level of winning, its worth the headache. If he doesnt have that, well...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That is EXACTLY who I was thinking about. Somehow exactly the same, yet completely opposite

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, I have no problem with this one. I can just see the the problematic interaction (or distraction or whatever) coming down the tracks, and it will piss everyone off from Warren all the way down to the fans

As long as he brings that level of winning, its worth the headache. If he doesnt have that, well...

We should all make prop bets on what it's going to be.   I don't think we'll see Cutler like indifferent body language or truly hilarious bar stories, but I think it'll be more off field stuff like publicly demanding the Bears make him his own parking lot in AH, or being unhappy with the shades of navy and orange. In seriousness I would put more money on unorthodox compensation demands or just wanting an extension early. 

In honor of the GOAT,  here's my favorite NFL play of all time. 

Just now, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

We should all make prop bets on what it's going to be.   I don't think we'll see Cutler like indifferent body language or truly hilarious bar stories, but I think it'll be more off field stuff like publicly demanding the Bears make him his own parking lot in AH, or being unhappy with the shades of navy and orange. In seriousness I would put more money on unorthodox compensation demands or just wanting an extension early. 

In honor of the GOAT,  here's my favorite NFL play of all time. 

**** you NFL, that deserves an exception. 

hahaha that feels spot on

If he wanted most of the fanbase to get behind him pretty quickly, he would call for the Strom Trooper Color Rush jerseys instead of the mismatched Orange ones

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

hahaha that feels spot on

If he wanted most of the fanbase to get behind him pretty quickly, he would call for the Strom Trooper Color Rush jerseys instead of the mismatched Orange ones

Or just 4000yds! Or beat Erik Kramer! Or the Packers!  It is going from boring and sad to really impressive (and still sad) that the Bears have managed to maintain the single season passing record theyhave. 

I’m excited for Caleb’s response to a lot of these same questions we heard Fields answer. “Do you intend to be the bears’ first 4k passer?” and ~“How do you feel about the bears’ history at qb and do you plan on reversing the curse/bad luck?” I imagine he’ll have something more electric than “I’m not responsible for that” in regards to our qb history being so embarrassing lol

8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m excited for Caleb’s response to a lot of these same questions we heard Fields answer. “Do you intend to be the bears’ first 4k passer?” and ~“How do you feel about the bears’ history at qb and do you plan on reversing the curse/bad luck?” I imagine he’ll have something more electric than “I’m not responsible for that” in regards to our qb history being so embarrassing lol

“It’s a goal of mine to make it so you guys never ask that question to anyone ever again” would get me irrationally fired up lol. 

On 4/10/2024 at 1:35 PM, Ty21 said:

Actually the gods blessed me with all the athletic stuff, I’m still good at stuff without trying. It’s the trying that stuffed me at times 

Weird though, I can’t fight that one. 

There goes Roy Hobbs.