Bears take Caleb Williams 1.1

dll2000

20 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Exactly one week until we hopefully meet a bears team we have never seen before. Caleb being near what he’s supposed to be could make being a fan fun. 

I am getting same vibe as Joe Namath to Jets. Hollywood or Broadway.

I am not that old, but saw all the NFL films and heard all the stories.

I remember with all the excitement last year about having 1.1, I was still pretty disappointed Caleb Williams wasn’t eligible. A kid that could walk in and automatically be the best qb we’ve ever had before even playing. Didn’t at all expect us to be in position to get him the following year. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I remember with all the excitement last year about having 1.1, I was still pretty disappointed Caleb Williams wasn’t eligible. A kid that could walk in and automatically be the best qb we’ve ever had before even playing. Didn’t at all expect us to be in position to get him the following year. 

I know, right? 

Too many Bears fans aren't grasping the magnitude of this sequence of events because they are stuck in dreams of the 'haul' (which admittedly would have been sweet) and the mock sims they could do with trading number 1 overall.   And they don't want to come off all opinions they formed early on Fields being great.  

But we are drafting a Manning, Luck, Lawrence (as a prospect).

Maybe he doesn't work out.  Anyone can bust.   But we have NEVER drafted a QB nearly this talented. 

It's a funny turn of events that people are missing out on how hyped they should be.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It's a funny turn of events that people are missing out on how hyped they should be.

Because it’s impossible to really process, since we’ve been a mediocre franchise for so long, at least offensively. Even the ones that understand what it could mean take it with a grain of salt because the team has soured us on anything positive.

I’ve looked into every flaw Caleb could have and I’ve never been less apprehensive about a prospect. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Because it’s impossible to really process, since we’ve been a mediocre franchise for so long, at least offensively. Even the ones that understand what it could mean take it with a grain of salt because the team has soured us on anything positive.

I’ve looked into every flaw Caleb could have and I’ve never been less apprehensive about a prospect. 

The pattern of abuse is real.   But it is kind of like a woman who has always picked bad men and doesn't know how to react to a good man that likes her.  She isn't as happy as she should be, because she is waiting for other shoe to drop.  

The excitement when we drafted Fields was several magnitudes higher.   

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The pattern of abuse is real.   But it is kind of like a woman who has always picked bad men and doesn't know how to react to a good man that likes her.  She isn't as happy as she should be, because she is waiting for other shoe to drop.  

The excitement when we drafted Fields was several magnitudes higher.   

I was apprehensive about Fields because the like two games of his I watched, he wasn’t terribly impressive. Thank god I was wrong. 

Trubisky I could just feel didn’t have it just by looking at him on draft night lol. Which sounds like a hack take but his body language just screamed it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I was apprehensive about Fields because the like two games of his I watched, he wasn’t terribly impressive. Thank god I was wrong. 

Trubisky I could just feel didn’t have it just by looking at him on draft night lol. Which sounds like a hack take but his body language just screamed it. 

I was jacked about Fields pick.

So were most.  

I still think he could have been good.   Still can be. 

But Caleb is a different animal.  

13 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I was jacked about Fields pick.

So were most.  

I still think he could have been good.   Still can be. 

But Caleb is a different animal.  

I was back and forth in season about Fields, but it was mostly because feeling secure about QB1 enough to trade 1.1 (or whatever the panthers pick was going to become) could’ve been massive for us again. Time will tell if the first 1.1 trade down would be enough for us to make a 90’s cowboys run. Caleb is undeniably more attractive for us. I do hope Fields wins the starting job for PIT. I would love to see him ball out and get paid. 

Just now, Ty21 said:

I was back and forth in season about Fields, but it was mostly because feeling secure about QB1 enough to trade 1.1 (or whatever the panthers pick was going to become) could’ve been massive for us again. Time will tell if the first 1.1 trade down would be enough for us to make a 90’s cowboys run. Caleb is undeniably more attractive for us. I do hope Fields wins the starting job for PIT. I would love to see him ball out and get paid. 

As it stands for the 2023 trade, just the year 1 yield alone feels like we won massively (assuming we preferred Young to Stroud, anyway). Decent promising RT in Wright, high ceiling CB in Stevenson, WR1 in Moore, who was undervalued because he had Joe Schmo at qb his whole career. This year we get to add to it with a qb that will be night and day better than Young. 

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

As it stands for the 2023 trade, just the year 1 yield alone feels like we won massively (assuming we preferred Young to Stroud, anyway). Decent promising RT in Wright, high ceiling CB in Stevenson, WR1 in Moore, who was undervalued because he had Joe Schmo at qb his whole career. This year we get to add to it with a qb that will be night and day better than Young. 

Everyone says they wanted Stroud over Young now.  I don't remember it that way.

LOL

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone says they wanted Stroud over Young now.  I don't remember it that way.

LOL

Right, everyone is a revisionist. Argued w some dude on Reddit that hated on poles for not taking stroud, but when I argued that no one including him was into stroud, he said it’s Poles’ job to scout him, not his lol. God I am feeling Deja vu writing this comment, I think I’ve said this exact thing before. 2+7=5. Hamburger. Definitely never said that before. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It's almost like GSH is looking down (or up according to some) and helping us finally combat GB having back to back HOF QB.  If CW isn't far better than Jordan Love we're gonna get it stuck up our ***** for another decade or more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soulman said:

It's almost like GSH is looking down (or up according to some) and helping us finally combat GB having back to back HOF QB.  If CW isn't far better than Jordan Love we're gonna get it stuck up our ***** for another decade or more.

So GSH was waiting til 2024 to finally know what to look for in a qb in the Super Bowl era?