Bears take Caleb Williams 1.1

dll2000

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Agreed. And really if you look at 2025's FA class the Bears are only at risk of losing Allen (if he plays well and doesn't take an extension he'd be a franchise tag), Jenkins (injuries prevent him from getting a big deal with CHI), Herbert (RB2 likely just walks as CHI rolls with Swift and Johnson), Sanborn (if Edwards declines then Sanborn likely gets a 1-2 year deal to bet on himself next to Edmunds), and then Scales is the next highest ranking player IMO (give that sumbitch a multi-year deal Poles! lol). So they have 18 of 21 starters returning for 2025 without offering a cent. That's a crazy thing to me considering the turnover Poles has forced in the rebuild.

To add to the cap flexibility Poles has built, Davis can be cut in 2025 for a $9.5 mil saving, Byard can save $7 mil upon his release if he hits the wall, Walker can save $5.25 mil if he can't play at a consistent level,  etc. I have little doubt that Poles would be willing to open up more cap space by extending someone like Moore if that allows him to snag another improvement.

I legitimately had to look up the roster - I was sitting here like "who tf is Allen that is going to be a FA?" feel dumb. 

anyways, yes, Poles has (shocker, i know) put us in a good position moving forward. No ~major~ FAs that have to be resigned that are no-doubters (Allen = age, Jenkins = injury) before letting it play out and see how it goes. Plus we have something like $100M available in cap next year as well. Josh Sweat got a re-worked deal, but he's still due to be a FA next year. I think he would be a good FA ticket, especially since PHI is going to be ROUGH against the cap next offseason. Makes iDL like Murphy/Newton seem more likely as good 3T rarely make it to FA.

Also, Sanborn should still be a RFA next offseason, so nothing major there either.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

😂

I do think he is in general a little flamboyant for my taste but I and many others will definitely be willing to overlook that if he plays like I think he will.  As long as it doesn't become a distraction or a sideshow while he is playing poorly

• Like 2

I wonder if all the pink in That photo of Caleb can be verified as true or if it’s been altered.  But even if it is real, so what?  Aaron Rodgers spent time living in a lightless dirt hole while doing ayuhuasca for like a week and that’s cool.  Tom Brady has a suspiciously close relationship with his male massage therapist which he described as “physical, mental, and emotional.” (If i remember correctly from the patriots dynasty documentary) and that’s cool.  And speaking of massage therapists….

What I’m getting at is, as long as he shows up and wins football games i don’t give a crap what he does.  Whether that is him expressing his sexuality or just going against traditional societal norms for attention or whatever i really don’t care.  Times change, people change, life goes on.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I wonder if all the pink in That photo of Caleb can be verified as true or if it’s been altered.  But even if it is real, so what?  Aaron Rodgers spent time living in a lightless dirt hole while doing ayuhuasca for like a week and that’s cool.  Tom Brady has a suspiciously close relationship with his male massage therapist which he described as “physical, mental, and emotional.” (If i remember correctly from the patriots dynasty documentary) and that’s cool.  And speaking of massage therapists….

What I’m getting at is, as long as he shows up and wins football games i don’t give a crap what he does.  Whether that is him expressing his sexuality or just going against traditional societal norms for attention or whatever i really don’t care.  Times change, people change, life goes on.  

He has naturally pink lips and it appears someone used a filter to make it look like he had lip gloss on.   Seems a pretty low move.  

Jordan didn't live a lifestyle I approve of.   **** Butkus was very far from perfect (as we all are).

Honestly, if I went just by people on Bears I liked personally, it would be Fields and Eberflus as two of my favorites.  They are openly Christian and seem very nice guys.  Knowing that, I have still openly advocated for Fields to be traded and have been very on fence about keeping Flus.  

Caleb seems a good kid.  A lot of Bears do things I disapprove of.   The NFL as an org. certainly does.  Many people in my family whom I love do.  I do.  I want everyone to be saved.  No exceptions.   

Happy Good Friday everyone!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

he dropped a video yesterday that showed the wallet was white and the phone was rose gold with a clear background. I had a yellow phone for years because who tf cares and it was the cheapest option

Edited by HuskieBear

40 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Exactly. I never understood the adoration for celebrities and athletes. I love watching sports and have a TON of great memories involving times where I was watching them, but I wouldn't stand in line for 20 minutes to get an autograph from Jordan, Griffey Jr, or anyone else (unless I knew I could sell it for a nice turnaround, but as a collector I couldn't care less). I don't care about these guys when they're off the field any more than any stranger I walk past on a daily basis, as long as they aren't being a compete POS. If I get a story about them being a great person like we have heard of Tillman then I become a bigger fan of theirs, but still. 

At this point I want Williams to be great because 1- Bears benefit and 2- Piss a bunch of people off, which I will find highly entertaining. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I do think he is in general a little flamboyant for my taste but I and many others will definitely be willing to overlook that if he plays like I think he will.  As long as it doesn't become a distraction or a sideshow while he is playing poorly

I’ll be honest..the personality stuff doesn’t concern me at all unless it means he can’t be a great leader…as it turns out there is nothing to indicate it prevents him from doing just that…

I think great leaders come in all forms…anyone who has watched The Franchise and saw the relationship between Mahomes & his wife will know that Patrick has basically been bitched since high school by her hahaha…doesn’t stop him being a great leader…

Like you said if he wins he will be loved…end of story IMO.

• Like 2