Bears take Caleb Williams 1.1

dll2000

52 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Did someone post this already?

Odunze, DJ and Keenan Allen had a work out together?

Awesome. 

Setting aside the Odunze part of this, I frickin’ love that CW is already working on his chemistry with Moore and Allen. People are getting worked up about the color of his ******* fingernails, but in the world of stuff that actually matters to the football team, he’s already trying to get on the same page with the Bears’ top WRs and he’s not even on the damn team yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Setting aside the Odunze part of this, I frickin’ love that CW is already working on his chemistry with Moore and Allen. People are getting worked up about the color of his ******* fingernails, but in the world of stuff that actually matters to the football team, he’s already trying to get on the same page with the Bears’ top WRs and he’s not even on the damn team yet.

Agreed.  

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Lets talk about the fingernails for a quick second though. 

Ill be clear right off the bat, I dont care if he paints his fingernails. Its alittle odd to me, but thats just personal preference thing. I mean there are stories of Ball players wearing ladies garters and pantyhose, some dudes wearing lucky thongs all kinds of stuff. None of that actually matters to me.

What I dont like about the situation is when it was the taunting of his opponents with it. Yes they all trash talk, which I dont love any of it really. But to take the time to paint out F*** Utah, means they are already in your head, means you are too worried about them and are now affording more mental capacity to that than your game plan or all the things you should be handling.

We all moan and grown when someone says something stupid during the week and gives bulletin board material. Those times where he was doing the nails to trash talk is the only time it annoyed me. Now I hope that was just being immature, and he can get past that now that hes in the league. Because can you imagine if we get Green Bay week one again and he is walking into Lambeau with "Cheese *****" on there or something lame like that?

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Lets talk about the fingernails for a quick second though. 

Ill be clear right off the bat, I dont care if he paints his fingernails. Its alittle odd to me, but thats just personal preference thing. I mean there are stories of Ball players wearing ladies garters and pantyhose, some dudes wearing lucky thongs all kinds of stuff. None of that actually matters to me.

What I dont like about the situation is when it was the taunting of his opponents with it. Yes they all trash talk, which I dont love any of it really. But to take the time to paint out F*** Utah, means they are already in your head, means you are too worried about them and are now affording more mental capacity to that than your game plan or all the things you should be handling.

We all moan and grown when someone says something stupid during the week and gives bulletin board material. Those times where he was doing the nails to trash talk is the only time it annoyed me. Now I hope that was just being immature, and he can get past that now that hes in the league. Because can you imagine if we get Green Bay week one again and he is walking into Lambeau with "Cheese *****" on there or something lame like that?

On the contrary, what if they say **** GBAY and he goes out and throws for 325 and 2 touchdowns in a win?

As you've mentioned, none of this will matter if he wins. He can be as strange as they come. For the record he's not as weird as many people say. It's not like his fingernails are always painted. He already debunked the pink phone case myth and the lipstick myth. Is he different? Sure, but who cares?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

On the contrary, what if they say **** GBAY and he goes out and throws for 325 and 2 touchdowns in a win?

As you've mentioned, none of this will matter if he wins. He can be as strange as they come. For the record he's not as weird as many people say. It's not like his fingernails are always painted. He already debunked the pink phone case myth and the lipstick myth. Is he different? Sure, but who cares?

Plus being generic and careful has not exactly won the Bears a lot of games.  Flus, Fox, Nagy et al would usually be mum on those games and say stuff  like "one game at a time" and "lotta respect, we just have to execute and we'll win" and that kind of pablum.  I think the discussion on Caleb for me is really crystalizing how much that doesn't matter.  I LOVED Fields and thought he was awesome but he didn't exactly torch the league. If newguy does that I'll like him fine.  Of course, feel free to remind me of this when we're on day 24 of Caleb's hunger strike in honor of naming the new stadium after his mom. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

We made it…

Happy Caleb M’F Williams day to all who will hopefully celebrate for the next 15 years of dominance 😁

You take the day off work Friday considering the draft starts after midnight your time? 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You take the day off work Friday considering the draft starts after midnight your time? 

My friend I take today off so I can sleep a bit later then I am not back until Monday 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

One of my friends works for the Bears and said he's "almost positive" Williams is going to wear #18

May be be the first to be worthy of the Great Dane and Neckbeard's number then. 

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

#18 would be a great choice for Caleb...let's Allen take #13 as well.

Apparently he was deciding between 12 and 18 and ultimately chose 18. We'll see if he's right. He doesn't tell me much and I prefer that but apparently he was fine sharing yhat

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Apparently he was deciding between 12 and 18 and ultimately chose 18. We'll see if he's right. He doesn't tell me much and I prefer that but apparently he was fine sharing yhat

Just curious, what type of role does he have with the bears?