Chargers sign CB Kristian Fulton to 1-year deal

TheKillerNacho

18 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

:Health concerns

:signs with charges

- wonder how this will end

Almost everyone we signed this offseason has had health concerns. I guess they’re betting on Ben Herbert and the rest of the S&C staff to work their magic like they did at Michigan. With Fulton in particular, I’m guess it’s a cheap prove it deal that we can move on from after this year if he doesn’t work out.

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Does anyone else feel like this is the biggest myth in all of football? That the S&C staff can make or break your injuries? I feel like it’s BS. 

I subscribe to the idea that a good S&C staff (which includes who ever runs the sports medicine/science) can help prevent injuries like soft tissue problems. Even lower chances of some big ones Iike non contact ACL tears. Obviously there are other factors outside of their control and other injuries feel inevitable at times because of the nature of football. But at the end of the day, the organization and owner have to make the financial investments and give the S&C staff the necessary resources to succeed. It’s why I think some of the recent NFLPA grades released is important because it highlights some of the issues lacking.

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

I subscribe to the idea that a good S&C staff

I would agree, but every NFL team has an amazing staff. I guarantee you if every single NFL team did the exact same routine, which I’m willing to bet is already very similar, the injuries would still be random. I just don’t believe that “oh the Ravens had a billion injuries…fire the S&C staff” argument holds any water. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 7:20 PM, malibuspeedrace said:

:Health concerns

:signs with charges

- wonder how this will end

We've seen this story before but at a different position.  His name was Danario Alexander... and yes, he tore his ACL again and that effectively ended his career.