• Bralen Trice EDGE | Washington
    • Chris Braswell EDGE | Alabama
    • Ja'Tavion Sanders TE | Texas
    • Kris Jenkins DL | Michigan
    • Ja'Lynn Polk WR | Washington
    • Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB | Clemson
    • Other, post in the thread

Eagles are up at #50

If it’s close and the runner up is still there at #53 we might just use both. We’ll see if it makes sense.

Best Available (according to nflmockdraftdatabase)

• 41 Tyler Nubin S | Minnesota
  • 42 Zach Frazier IOL | West Virginia
  • 47 Payton Wilson LB | NC State
  • 48 Roman Wilson WR | Michigan
  • 50 Bralen Trice EDGE | Washington
  • 51 Junior Colson LB | Michigan
  • 52 Chris Braswell EDGE | Alabama
  • 53 Ja'Tavion Sanders TE | Texas
  • 54 Ricky Pearsall WR | Florida
  • 55 Kris Jenkins DL | Michigan
  • 56 Mike Sainristil CB | Michigan
  • 60 Trey Benson RB | Florida State
  • 62 Christian Haynes IOL | UConn
  • 63 Ja'Lynn Polk WR | Washington
  • 64 Ruke Orhorhoro DL | Clemson
  • 65 Marshawn Kneeland EDGE | Western Michigan
  • 66 Michael Hall Jr. DL | Ohio State
  • 67 Malachi Corley WR | Western Kentucky
  • 68 Jonathon Brooks RB | Texas
  • 69 Kamren Kinchens S | Miami (FL)
  • 70 Maason Smith DL | LSU
  • 71 Devontez Walker WR | North Carolina
  • 72 Kiran Amegadjie OT | Yale
  • 73 Javon Bullard S | Georgia
  • 74 Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB | Clemson
  • 75 Kris Abrams-Draine CB | Missouri
  • 76 Jonah Elliss EDGE | Utah

@Jroc04 @Danger @downundermike @EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

Wison in a runaway.
There are at least three WR's worthy of 53.
Can't miss.

It will be funny, however, when the Eagles take Colson over Wilson.

Can very much see the base eagles fan base being

“Get Trott Jr, if not Cooper or Wilson”
And they end up going Colson 

It’s a shame we don’t know if Reddick is indeed leaving and what picks we might be getting for him. Would bump up Edge. 

With these two picks it seems like a wideout at 53 like Dingo said, since Pittsburgh and the Rams probably aren’t looking there. 

Other than LB I can see them going

- Kris Jenkins, versatile lineman would give you that 3rd guy to pair with Carter and JD if they are indeed moving to more of a 3 front look. I think Milton will do well there this year in expanded time, but he is on the last year of his deal.

- Ja’tavion Sanders, tightend. With Stoll leaving, Goederts age/injury history and Kellen Moore as OC… getting a tightend seems like a safe bet this draft. Whether they do it in the first two rounds…I’m not sure. But Sanders is probably on the table here. Even though IrL I’d probably put him on the early 3rd via trade down or Reddick trade list.

- Safety, they are reportedly still in the market for a safety. And there are a couple guys on the board here. With CGJ’s versatility, opens the door for a 3rd guy to pair with Blankenship and him. Sydney tearing his ligament so late puts him out of that running. Not sure it’s the biggest of needs when you can still patchwork it with some good vets for once. But again, probably on the table.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Now these, these are some options. And realistic options who I expect to mostly be there.

Would of rather had Cooper but Wilson is the obvious choice here even with his history of injury.

We can debate WR/S on pick 53 if Nubin is still there.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Would of rather had Cooper but Wilson is the obvious choice here even with his history of injury.

We can debate WR/S on pick 53 if Nubin is still there.

Who is more likely to be there at 53, Wilson or Nubin? It's relatively surprising that they're both here for the taking at 50. Sainristill, Roman Wilson, Braswell, Pearsall, Trice are all such good solid options too. For this pick, I'm going Payton Wilson though. If we didn't attack safety with CGJ, I'd take Nubin. He's far and away the best safety prospect imo. He's the most flawless.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It's relatively surprising that they're both here for the taking at 50. Sainristill, Roman Wilson, Braswell, Pearsall, Trice are all such good solid options too.

Pick #53  with most of these names available will be like pick #22. House divided. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Pls no

Why?

He is the kind of guy who is always around the ball and plays with good technique.
He isn't really deficient in any aspect and can play all three downs.
He gets injured, too, but plays through it.

Better coaching and preparation will put him in better position to be the first guy there.
If he is dedicated to his profession he could be every bid as effective as Cooper or Wilson.
A lot like the OL, it is about who the coaches think they can work with to make the best fit.

4 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Why?

He is the kind of guy who is always around the ball and plays with good technique.
He isn't really deficient in any aspect and can play all three downs.
He gets injured, too, but plays through it.

Better coaching and preparation will put him in better position to be the first guy there.
If he is dedicated to his profession he could be every bid as effective as Cooper or Wilson.
A lot like the OL, it is about who the coaches think they can work with to make the best fit.

Way too stiff and lacks the range for my liking. Like if everything stays in an old school up the middle gap type run game, I think he can succeed, but I don't feel like he's made as much for the modern NFL even if he does have sufficient athletic profile. 

Payton Wilson just has a higher ceiling and better profile. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Way too stiff and lacks the range for my liking. Like if everything stays in an old school up the middle gap type run game, I think he can succeed, but I don't feel like he's made as much for the modern NFL even if he does have sufficient athletic profile. 

Payton Wilson just has a higher ceiling and better profile. 

Wilson (24 next month) is two+ years ahead of Colson (22 in Dec.), so when you speak about ceilings that has to be taken into consideration.
Colson is still ascending.
Where in his development was Wilson two years ago?

Look, I'm just playing the Devil's advocate here.
I voted for Wilson.

But, I can see Colson maturing well.