NFCN Rival Draft Prospects

In the past I recall a thread dedicated to who we don't want to see our rivals in the North draft. I'll expand it this year for all things non-Viking NFCN draft related topics.

Bears: 1.1, 1.9, 3.75, and 4.122 (4 selections)

Lions: 1.29, 2.61, 3.73, 3.92, 5.163, 6.204, 7.249 (7 selections)

Packers: 1.25, 2.41, 2.58, 3.88, 3.91, 4.125, 5.168, 6.201, 6.219, 7.245, 7.255 (11 selections)

Edited by VikeManDan
Added draft picks

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ve seen too many of my draft crushes get drafted by division rivals.

I’ll keep it to myself this year. 

The “jinx” of @SemperFeist will keep them in the darkness with silence! 

but honestly I feel the same, but I will go ahead anyway.

My biggest two are Jared Verse and Xavier Worthy.

I haven’t dove super deep into a draft in about 5 years but I really believe Jared Verse’s upside is to be one of the best in the NFL. Explosive and is just so dang powerful for his frame. Multiple edge move. 

Worthy is honestly just the type of receiver I fall in love with for years. Fast is obvious,  but is actually a “wide receiver” on top of it.

I've been so focused on the QBs, I really have no draft crushes outside of that that I'd even care if they went to a NFC North rival.  I'm fairly confident the Bears will draft a defensive player with their #9 pick, so it will likely be Verse or some other Edge guy to pair with Sweat and that's fine.  I'm still also fairly confident that they'll screw up Caleb Williams, so that will eventually be irrelevant. 

The Packers and Lions are so far down the mocks this year I haven't even really paid attention to who they have mocked to them.  I assume with Detroit it has to be CB, right?  The Packers could go any direction...maybe they'll decide to use a pick before the 3rd rd on OL, which they haven't done all that often (C Myers in '21 and Jenkins in '19) or maybe they'll go defense again, who knows. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I assume with Detroit it has to be CB, right?

With their release of Sutton I think this is a fair assumption. Could be looking at CB2 or 3 at 1.29.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm fairly confident the Bears will draft a defensive player with their #9 pick, so it will likely be Verse or some other Edge guy to pair with Sweat and that's fine.

Agreed, 1.9 seems like a strong spot for the first defender to come off the board.