2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Took Beau Brade.  Wanted to add a DB at some point for the Titans, but I actually had no plan when agreeing to trade up.  But I like Brade's tape.  Think he plays fast, good tackler, he attacks downhill, and he has plus size.  That's what you want in a safety.

I was torn between him and Malik Mustapha, went Mustapha due to a better athletic profile, but he does have some technical things to clean up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was torn between him and Malik Mustapha, went Mustapha due to a better athletic profile, but he does have some technical things to clean up.

Yeah, it wasn't even me seeing Mustapha go and saying oh no I need a safety.  I threw out a trade offer since the Titans had so many late picks, and thought why not.  Then I needed to figure out what I actually wanted to pick, and even though I think there are one or two better players available, Brade is close, and the Titans still need better safety depth.

I'm actually surprised how well I've managed to patch up the Titans defense.  Now DL looks pretty strong, Edge looks average again, CBs are good, S is ok, and LBs are still bad, but not a waking nightmare.

• Like 1

Jags have one more pick, but it's in the seventh, so they're pretty much done with:

1.17 Dallas Turner
2.46 Zach Frazier
3.96 Jalen McMillan
4.114 Blake Corum
5.151 Kamal Hadden
5.153 Jacob Cowing

Jags got great value on almost all of their picks, which is good, because the biggest needs (CB and WR) didn't get much help.  McMillan gives a versatile WR3, and Cowing is a speedy deep threat, but the Jags still need a WR1.  Their CB group might have a CB1, but with Kamal Hadden the only addition, it's not great.

That said, the Jags pass rush should be absolutely devastating, the middle of their OL will now be solidified, and the run game should be among the best.  All of that should mitigate below average coverage and below average receiving weapons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcat said:

trades now are tough. some teams with little left to use.   Becomes a quantity issue.  Jets have a pair of early 6ths and later Mr. and Mrs. Irrelevant (256, 257).  Combining a 6th with one of those Irrelevants really doesn't bring me up much unless a trade partner values quantity.  

Want to discuss a trade? PM me on WHATSAPP

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Interested in trading to 172 to make sure?

Guess it'd depend on what I have to give up 

But I have 2 picks left and 2 more spots I want to address with some depth/competition 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey I just checked in and no movement?  Miami.  Isn't he 5 hrs ahead?

That would be 2 am there.  If no one has his pick, then we should skip. He'll probably put a pick up at 3 am or so Eastern. 

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was gonna take McGlothern with 153 for the Jags before I saw that Cowing was still on the board.

There's no way a corner named "Dwight" or "mcglothern" can be a good cb

#scouting 

• Like 2