Eagles extend LT Jordan Mailata (3 years, $66M)

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Got a Pro Bowl caliber LT from down under with no draft pick.

Stoutland is a beast.

Guy was making pennies compared to his value.

I wouldn't call it pennies, but it is better now and the Eagles can potentially expend some of this year's extra cap space depending on the structure.

Previous contract:  4 year, $64,000,000
$10,250,000 signing bonus
$40,850,000 guaranteed
average annual salary of $16,000,000

Also, he was a 7th rounder.

• Like 1

Mailata’s cap hit finally hit $10M 

Howie said “nah we gotta do something about this” - *extension* lol 

What a find this dude was, and awesome coaching.

• Like 1

Seems like an overpay. Mailata hitting makes up for the miss with Dillard. But it surely must be tempting to let Stoutland work with a developmental prospect and turn him into a player, ala Mailata, rather than pay top tier money to him. What could Stoutland do with Guyton or Mims? Or a guy from round 2?

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Seems like an overpay. Mailata hitting makes up for the miss with Dillard. But it surely must be tempting to let Stoutland work with a developmental prospect and turn him into a player, ala Mailata, rather than pay top tier money to him. What could Stoutland do with Guyton or Mims? Or a guy from round 2?

Yeah I am not sure you know how rare it is to find LT's as good as Mailata is if you think this is an overpay lol.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Why can’t they still do that? Lane Johnson will be 34 when the season starts.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

What you should be saying is "The  Eagles Struck Gold". Literally nothing else's matters.!!!!!!

Weather a 1st rd'er or a 7th rd'er means nothing.  Mailata has become one of the best LT in the NFL.  Whether paid or not!!! 

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 hours ago, Soko said:

Mailata’s cap hit finally hit $10M 

Howie said “nah we gotta do something about this” - *extension* lol 

What a find this dude was, and awesome coaching.

FWIW, I don't think this will be able to do anything with his cap hit this year. Could raise it, but I don't think it's possible to lower it. His salary is already at minimum for his experience. Most of that hit is all various already paid, pro-rated bonuses. They could pro-rate out his $500k workout bonus I suppose, but that would be relatively pointless, I'd think.

35 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

FWIW, I don't think this will be able to do anything with his cap hit this year. Could raise it, but I don't think it's possible to lower it. His salary is already at minimum for his experience. Most of that hit is all various already paid, pro-rated bonuses. They could pro-rate out his $500k workout bonus I suppose, but that would be relatively pointless, I'd think.

Yeah all this really did was give Jordan Mailata 20 million dollars today to stay with the team longer and his contract still not be very large in any given year considering his ability.

And he said ok.