Welker vs Edleman

Kiwibrown

Edelmen vs welker  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better?

• Welker
    • Edelmen

Welker was more consistent, generally more durable, smoother runner, and had an extremely high football IQ. He wasn’t great at making catches away from his body, and he was a bit of an odd ball in the locker room.

Jules was a little more dynamic in terms of bigger plays/being able to play outside the slot, was better after the catch, and was also a high football IQ guy that had amazing chemistry with Brady. His hands sometimes weren’t the most trustworthy, and he did get dinged up more, but he came up big in big moments and was high end locker room presence. 

Different flavor of guys. I think most teams would want Welker, and he was probably the better pure WR. Edelman being having more magic in the bottle, being a locker room leader, and being a clutch postseason player could sway teams that are perennial championship contenders. If I’m a team like the Chiefs, I’d rather have Edelman. Most other teams, I’d need Wes.

Welker was the better overall player. That said most every Patriots fan would pick Edelman as who they'd want for a longterm starter. They had an incredible run where the MO of most games was "if Brady isn't finding something that works right away, start spamming Edelman until he gets in a groove and the defense opens up". It was a good formula, it was reliable, and Edelman played lights out in some of the biggest moments and looked like he was willing to die to get some playoff wins. 

19 hours ago, lancerman said:

Welker was the better overall player. That said most every Patriots fan would pick Edelman as who they'd want for a longterm starter. They had an incredible run where the MO of most games was "if Brady isn't finding something that works right away, start spamming Edelman until he gets in a groove and the defense opens up". It was a good formula, it was reliable, and Edelman played lights out in some of the biggest moments and looked like he was willing to die to get some playoff wins. 

How much would the perception sway if Wes made that grab in the SB?