2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sounds like he's been Rashan Gary's whipping boy as well. 

Pretty much everyone's. 

The point was I want to know how the interior is doing as well. The only commentary on the OL so far has been Dillard bad.. but kenny Wyatt Slaton and Brooks have gotten accolades, are they playing air?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Pretty much everyone's. 

The point was I want to know how the interior is doing as well. The only commentary on the OL so far has been Dillard bad.. but kenny Wyatt Slaton and Brooks have gotten accolades, are they playing air?

Been saying for a while I want a vet interior offensive lineman that can play. I think that is the most troubling area form a depth standpoint. 

Does it seem like the beat kind of freaks out about quarterback play (if it’s poor) every year early in camp?

They're generally always behind but the QBs have basically been good for 30 years while the defense looks good early then sucks (let’s hope that’s finally different this year). 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Headed to TC this Sunday for the week. As a result, I demand Love's contract be signed by then. 

I should be there Wednesday and maybe Thursday next week. Get that J<3 on paper and and let’s keep this thing moving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Has anyone since anything about Colby Wooden? Specifically if he gained weight or not?

Yes, he was one of the guys Larivee interviewed over the draft. He bulked up a bit and he looks the part. Said he went from 278 to 290 quality pounds.  We’ll have to see if he has enough anchor along with Brooks. I give both of them the benefit of the doubt until they show otherwise. The scouting report on Wooden is he’s a disciplined guy and coaches love his attitude. Not surprisingly, he put in the work on his body to play DE for this scheme. I hope he tears it up. 

he starts around the 36 min mark here

https://x.com/packers/status/1783293986951537012

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Stokes is a solid indicator. Gary ill take with a grain of salt until pads are on.

I know he's good but superstar? I'll stay skeptical for just a bit longer.

(I've also been pro Gary since we drafted him, but he's an underwear all star since day 1)

I think it's all fluff until the pads go on and there is a different color jersey in front of you. Doesn't hurt the defenses chances when Clifford and Pratt are the two QBs either. 

Agree, really happy to hear about Stokes. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 7:30 PM, Old Guy said:

Been saying for a while I want a vet interior offensive lineman that can play. I think that is the most troubling area form a depth standpoint. 

I agree. It’s our offensive line that worries me. If they play well, our team will 

Edited by James Lofton

On 7/24/2024 at 11:18 AM, Refugee said:

I like the idea of churning some of those giants. They definitely don’t grow on trees and if one of them is athletic enough and gets the mental part of the game, you might find a gem. 

Heck, if they look good as depth someone may give them a nice enough contract to get us a comp pick.