2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Zach Tom is a RT, that is his position. So. you named two and I'm taking him over one of those, Lane Johnson at this point in Johnson's career in a heartbeat. 

You said Tom was a top 5 OT.  Not strictly top 5 RT

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

We went from top 5 OT to now only top 5 RT

I'd have to look into it more (which I won't) but I'm probably on board with the suggestion that Tom belongs in the top 5 RT conversation.

The most interesting player to get a look with the first-team offense, though, was Grant DuBose, who is the leader for the sixth receiver spot on the team after a strong camp and leading the Packers in receiving in their preseason opener. On Tuesday, Green Bay’s coaching staff not only praised DuBose’s receiving production but also his ability to block well on the perimeter when the ball wasn’t in his hands.

Was at practice today. Saw Dillard stone Gary in 1 on 1. Nice to see. Tenuta was taking a lot of reps at RG with the 2's. Is that new? Rhyan was getting the reps at RG with the 1's. Monk was getting the reps at C with the 2's. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

No, it would not. Versatility is not a factor once you settle into a premium position, tackle, and become a top 5 player. 

Versatility is great to have, don't get me wrong. IF Walker and Tom are both top 5 at their respective position, you don't let the LT walk out the door. 

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

We went from top 5 OT to now only top 5 RT

You are grasping at straws now. If you read the entire conversation, it is clear I was referring to Walker and Tom being top 5 at LT or RT respectively. 

I also said, if Walker were to be considered top 5 a LT and Tom top 5 at RT, and you can only sign one, you choose the LT. 

Pretty sure you were following along in this conversation, so you knew what I was referring to. 

10 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Was at practice today. Saw Dillard stone Gary in 1 on 1. Nice to see. Tenuta was taking a lot of reps at RG with the 2's. Is that new? Rhyan was getting the reps at RG with the 1's. Monk was getting the reps at C with the 2's. 

This makes more sense to me than to try and make a center out of Rhyan. I know they like to cross train, but........ 

Assuming Morgan was not back practicing, so Rhyan was 1st team? 

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The most interesting player to get a look with the first-team offense, though, was Grant DuBose, who is the leader for the sixth receiver spot on the team after a strong camp and leading the Packers in receiving in their preseason opener. On Tuesday, Green Bay’s coaching staff not only praised DuBose’s receiving production but also his ability to block well on the perimeter when the ball wasn’t in his hands.

Now it's becoming an embarrassment of riches. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

This makes more sense to me than to try and make a center out of Rhyan. I know they like to cross train, but........ 

Assuming Morgan was not back practicing, so Rhyan was 1st team? 

Yes. Morgan was out there but I didn't see him do any team or 1 on 1's. I think Rhyan had all the RG reps with the 1's. 

27 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I remember when @Old Guy was appalled that I dared to say that I didn't know if it Melton would be WR5 or if it would be Dubose.

Sure looks like the Dubose stock is on the rise right now.  But, we are a long way from Week One that counts.

Either way....that WR room has come a long way in 3 years.  And that is without having to invest a first round pick.   And really, only two second round picks.  Kindda scary, but in a good way.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I remember when @Old Guy was appalled that I dared to say that I didn't know if it Melton would be WR5 or if it would be Dubose.

Sure looks like the Dubose stock is on the rise right now.  But, we are a long way from Week One that counts.

Either way....that WR room has come a long way in 3 years.  And that is without having to invest a first round pick.   And really, only two second round picks.  Kindda scary, but in a good way.

Not saying I didn't say that but when was it? During the season last year? 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Not saying I didn't say that but when was it? During the season last year? 

Not long ago.  Week?  Something like that.

And it's no big deal.  You were high on Melton.  As well you should have been.  Dubose hadn't done a thing.  Then one pre-season game happens and boom, here we are in the middle of Dubose-Mania.

Here's how I felt and still feel.  Melton brings something to the field that Dubose and Heath do not.  Speed.

Those other two?  More physicality and maybe more refined WR technique.

We shall see who the staff prefers.  I'm honestly good either way they go.  And I hope we stash a WR on the PS, but my guess is that with the tape out there of Heath and Melton in real games, that'll be tough.  So, maybe we trade one for a late round pick.