Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

45 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I remember before our 1st game against the Packers Incognito Man and some other Pack fans were arguing that the Packers defense is just as good as the Vikings defense... 

It's just because of the injuries!! And Dom!!

38 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Thats funny. Even funnier: they probably actually believed it themselves. 

9 minutes ago, RedRider said:

It's just because of the injuries!! And Dom!!

I don’t want to single out all Packer fans because a lot them were like absolutely not. Just seeing Ingognito man in the Vikings vs Packers thread on the gen board still pissed about Rodgers reminded me of that

26 pressures and 23 incompletions

Cornerback Trae Waynes recorded the Vikings lone sack of the night. The vaunted defensive line’s approach was to keep Brett Hundley in the pocket rather than pursuing sacks. That doesn’t mean that Minnesota didn’t pressure the Packers passer, however.

PFF counted a total of 26 pressures (the sack, two quarterback hits and 23 pressures), and a good deal of credit should go to the coverage played by the back end of the defense.

Brian Robison was credited with seven pressures, and Danielle Hunter was credited with five by PFF. Tom Johnson was able to wallop Hundley with a clean hit on another incompletion. Hundley finished 17-of-40 passing for 130 yards with a passer rating of 30.2.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Stats-That-Stood-Out-Vikings-at-Packers/03687830-80c9-400e-b6b5-fa8bbf7f14db?sf177369027=1

9 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I remember before our 1st game against the Packers Incognito Man and some other Pack fans were arguing that the Packers defense is just as good as the Vikings defense... 

I laughed at that. Dom Capers can only dream of having as good a defense as Mike Zimmer.

26 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Who's the better backup if Case gets hurt. Teddy or Bradford?

That's a tough one. I like Teddy better myself. He has more playoff experience, right? It isn't that much more so I could see going with Bradford who has more recent reasonable play.

58 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That's a tough one. I like Teddy better myself. He has more playoff experience, right? It isn't that much more so I could see going with Bradford who has more recent reasonable play.

I would assume Teddy is first in line.

Barr said he didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary from the fans at Lambeau. The Vikings linebacker received plenty of ill wishes on social media and letters sent to him at Winter Park because of his hit that broke Aaron Rodgers’ collarbone in October was part of a defense that shut out the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field in a 16-0 Minnesota win.

Barr:   “No, the fans were great today. I thought the crowd was great. Their fans were good. Our fans were very supportive. That wasn’t a big factor today.”

Barr said he didn’t see Rodgers on the field so any potential words exchanged between the two never happened.

Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs got the worst of it when he caught the only touchdown of the game and had a beer thrown at him from someone in the crowd.

Diggs:   “They threw a beer at me. It missed me. That’s why I kept running in the tunnel, but it’s all good.”

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-LB-Anthony-Barr-leaves-Lambeau-saying-fans-were-great-112703396

On 12/23/2017 at 10:35 PM, SemperFeist said:

After watching this game, I hope the Eagles get beat in the first round. 

I know this was on Saturday and was in regards to us playing poorly in the bad conditions, but after watching the Eagles yesterday I would love to play them in the NFC Championship game. They scare me far less than any other of the NFC teams in the playoffs, with the exception of maybe the ATL/SEA participant.

Archived