Week 16: VIKINGS (11-3) at Packers (7-7)

swede700

43 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Nah....he's got the personality of a rock. Wouldn't fit in with our locker room. Send him to the Browns.

Or the AFL's Sacramento Attack. I hear he's got family down in NorCal that would be thrilled to see him.

We don't have to tell him the team folded 25 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Maybe it's already been illustrated by another, but I am impressed that we almost pitched a shut out in two back to back games. If not for that meaningless Teddy INT late in the Bengals game, we might have blanked them as well. Our defense is real, folks. 

The Bears aren't exactly a powerhouse offense either. Could be a great stretch of defense going into the bye week

6 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Maybe it's already been illustrated by another, but I am impressed that we almost pitched a shut out in two back to back games. If not for that meaningless Teddy INT late in the Bengals game, we might have blanked them as well. Our defense is real, folks. 

against two very lousy teams.

9 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

Don't matter, a shut out is a shut out. Doesn't take anything away from it being that they were lousy teams.

Let me remind you also that we held Atlanta to 9 pts and the Rams to 7 pts.   

to me, holding those other two teams to low scores is more meaningful than the shutouts to the lousy teams.

i'm not disputing the quality of our defense by any means.

Saints held to their 2nd lowest point total of the season

Detroit, their lowest point total for the season 

Green Bay, their lowest and 3rd lowest point totals for the season

Baltimore 3rd lowest point total

L.A. Rams  Lowest point total

Atlanta  2nd lowest 

Cincinnati 2nd lowest

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Nah....he's got the personality of a rock. Wouldn't fit in with our locker room. Send him to the Browns.

Hey, that's what I'm saying! Realistically though, they should trade Rodgers to the Browns for the #1 overall and either their other 1st round pick or a future 1st, and the Packers could probably go after their choice of Darnold or Rosen, both who I would assume would come out in that scenario. Probably a win for both teams, though Rodgers would surely view this as a loss.

16 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

I remember before our 1st game against the Packers Incognito Man and some other Pack fans were arguing that the Packers defense is just as good as the Vikings defense... 

Thats funny. Even funnier: they probably actually believed it themselves. 

Archived