What is a gut feeling you have that nobody else sees coming?

mdonnelly21

9 hours ago, massraider said:

Get two studs at 1 and 9, and that doesn't matter if they don't have a lot of picks. 

There is no player going in the top 10 (other than Caleb, Alt, and Harrison) that would make me comfortable missing basically the entire 10-75 tier.  History says that early day 2 picks are some of the most valuable picks in the entire draft (like 36 has a historical wAV similar to #20.)

Patriots are going to trade out of 3 and end up with a pick in the second half of the top 10 (either by trading directly with NYG, or trade with MIN and then trade back up from 11).

They take JJ McCarthy.

I really can’t shake the feeling that they’ll go to the last thing that worked and take a Michigan QB. 

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have the feeling that the NFL is much higher on Michael Penix Jr. than the draft industrial complex for the simple reason that If his final game was the Texas game and not the Michigan game he would be viewed *very* differently.

Agreed, it very much would have been viewed like the CJ Stroud vs Georgia game last draft season.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:26 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I think Bo Nix will be the best QB out of this draft class.

I don't feel as sure about that, but I do think he's being underrated by most. I will be very surprised if he makes it past both the Raiders and Broncos.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:31 PM, Tugboat said:

I think MHJ goes Top-3.  Not sure if that's the Patriots or someone else moving into the spot, but that's my gut feeling.  While everyone else just has straight QBs.

If anyone makes that move - which I feel certain won't happen anyway - it won't be the Pats. The last thing they need is to lose more picks and/or have worse picks later. It's far more likely they'll trade back for more draft capital.

4 minutes ago, bomont said:

If anyone makes that move - which I feel certain won't happen anyway - it won't be the Pats. The last thing they need is to lose more picks and/or have worse picks later. It's far more likely they'll trade back for more draft capital.

Ermmm...the Patriots already have the 3rd pick.  😕  They'd be the ones trading back for additional draft capital.  Or taking MHJ themselves, which wouldn't cost them anything extra either.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:57 PM, onejayhawk said:

There is no such thing as too much pass rush. 

There's no such thing as too much anything on a team...except focusing more on one area means others will suffer. The most overused phrase in mock drafts is always "because you can't have too many (position)." Yeah, you can. A team has to weigh all of its needs, and DE/"Edge" is down the list somewhat for KC.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Ermmm...the Patriots already have the 3rd pick.  😕  They'd be the ones trading back for additional draft capital.  Or taking MHJ themselves, which wouldn't cost them anything extra either.

Pardon, I meant moving up for Harrison in general, not the #3 spot per se.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:57 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The more I think about it, the more I think the Rams are taking a QB in the second round.

That's definitely one nobody else sees coming, including me and probably the Rams 😉 Stafford is still playing at a high level, so logically they'll try to build more pieces and make another run. Although if a guy like Rattler or Penix is there, stranger things have happened.

On 4/22/2024 at 3:02 PM, AUKerryon said:

Only 3 QBs get drafted in the first 20 picks

That's a good one that I can see happening. Seems like the talking heads are always overrating QBs and how so many will go in the first round etc...the year Pickett was taken most were saying at least three QBs in the first and as many as five or six. lol