What is a gut feeling you have that nobody else sees coming?

mdonnelly21

I've seen a ton of places where they expect Fautanu or Guyton or Barton (or even JPJ) to Green Bay...........

But my 'no-one saw it coming' is Green Bay grabs OT Latham. It doesn't really look like a Packer pick (unlike Barton, who is very much a Packer type) so that would be the shocker for me, even though Latham seems to have slipped a few spots down towards their pick.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:
  • We don't have a clear #1 need. Far from it. That's what makes this sort of thing possible.
  • Danna is ideally Edge3
  • There is a reason Edge is a premium position

You are not drafting an Edge4. It's like saying Mahomes was drafted as a QB2. Both OT and WR would be down the depth chart as rookies. 

Why are we trading up if we have no clear cut need?   Chop isn’t even worth a trade up imo.  

We slide Jones outside enough on passing downs, plus Herring is decent enough in base, we still have a rotation of 4 without Omenihu.   I highly doubt we go 3 years in a row drafting the same position. Especially when the one we drafting last year could barely see the field, because others were playing well.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Pats will stay put at 3 and just draft Harrison Jr. 

If they want a WR, they should trade back with the Giants. They could get a 2nd this year and maybe their 1st next year. Then take Nabers/Odunze at 6. And offer pick 34 to the Bengals for Higgins. That would quickly give them a legit WR group. They use the other 2nd from the Giants on a lineman and Brissett gets them to 6 or 7 wins. Next year they have extra draft capital and can move up for Milroe or Sanders or whomever. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If they want a WR, they should trade back with the Giants. They could get a 2nd this year and maybe their 1st next year. Then take Nabers/Odunze at 6. And offer pick 34 to the Bengals for Higgins. That would quickly give them a legit WR group. They use the other 2nd from the Giants on a lineman and Brissett gets them to 6 or 7 wins. Next year they have extra draft capital and can move up for Milroe or Sanders or whomever. 

Oh for sure. That would require them to have a clue though. 

Aint no getting past statman Groh

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Why are we trading up if we have no clear cut need?   Chop isn’t even worth a trade up imo.  

We slide Jones outside enough on passing downs, plus Herring is decent enough in base, we still have a rotation of 4 without Omenihu.   I highly doubt we go 3 years in a row drafting the same position. Especially when the one we drafting last year could barely see the field, because others were playing well.  

We don't have a full rotation. Jones is a spot player and he is usually at DE when Danna slides inside. Herring's contract is expiring and he was not re-signed. The staff talks up FAU but he never played a full rotation role even when Omenihu was out. 

The thread is about gut feelings that no one else has. You are demonstrating the second part. 

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We don't have a full rotation. Jones is a spot player and he is usually at DE when Danna slides inside. Herring's contract is expiring and he was not re-signed. The staff talks up FAU but he never played a full rotation role even when Omenihu was out. 

The thread is about gut feelings that no one else has. You are demonstrating the second part. 

Herring is on the roster. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah this isn’t happening. Those big king’s ransoms only really happen when teams are absolutely falling over themselves to trade up and while this QB class is considered above average, I don’t think the league sees is as a *great* QB class (Williams aside) like it did in 2012, 2018 and 2021 (those classes were all full of busts, but at the time they were loved and each featured a team making a huge trade up pre draft - RG3, Darnold, Lance).

I think this class is more considered to be in line with 2020 which ironically might turn out the best of the bunch but at the time there was serious questions over everyone apart from Burrow. No one loved Tua or Herbert enough to trade up and Love and Hurts fell to the late 1st/2nd respectively.

The Giants - who made the playoffs with Daniel Jones 2 years ago and gave him a big money deal after that - aren’t going to sell their left kidney for meh guy to replace Jones. If someone slides to them then maybe, or if they can trade up somewhat cheaply then maybe. I think they’ll just stay where they are and take a WR. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Yeah this isn’t happening. Those big king’s ransoms only really happen when teams are absolutely falling over themselves to trade up and while this QB class is considered above average, I don’t think the league sees is as a *great* QB class (Williams aside) like it did in 2012, 2018 and 2021 (those classes were all full of busts, but at the time they were loved and each featured a team making a huge trade up pre draft - RG3, Darnold, Lance).

I think this class is more considered to be in line with 2020 which ironically might turn out the best of the bunch but at the time there was serious questions over everyone apart from Burrow. No one loved Tua or Herbert enough to trade up and Love and Hurts fell to the late 1st/2nd respectively.

The Giants - who made the playoffs with Daniel Jones 2 years ago and gave him a big money deal after that - aren’t going to sell their left kidney for meh guy to replace Jones. If someone slides to them then maybe, or if they can trade up somewhat cheaply then maybe. I think they’ll just stay where they are and take a WR. 

Lance wasn’t some slam dunk QB pick. He was a project with limited college experience, definitely a high ceiling/low floor gamble. 

If there’s not a trade for a QB, then it’ll be because they go 1-2-3, not because the class isn’t strong enough to garner a trade up. Lance, Young, Wentz, Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mahomes, Trubisky, Watson, and Gabbert were all trade ups too.